PDA

View Full Version : How many vacations do you plan ahead?

gmgdisneymom
09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
It is almost here - I opened my laptop this morning and the countdown said 9 - yes I am inthe single digits!:party:

I just realized that I have a big problem - I have no other vacation planned - so when I get back from my trip - I will not have a countdown going. I was wondering - how many of you plan numerous vacations so that you always have a trip coming up and therefore always have a countdown going?

Better start planning quickly!:blush:

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm planning my next one while I'm on my current one..It helps me thru the depression of coming home!! I like to always have one "in the works" even if its down the road a little!

disneymom15
09-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I usually always have a trip planned. At one point I think I had 3 trips going at once. However, I have cut back on how often we go, so lately it's just been the current trip. We were just there in Aug and booked a bounce back for Dec. If there's another bounce back offering in Dec we're going to start planning for the next trip. I go into withdrawls if I don't have something in the works.

TinkerbellT421
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Me and DBF start to go into withdrawals approx. the day before we are leaving the world :ill::(...Soooo we start discussing what we want to plan for the next trip while we are there....Then we get home always on a weekend, and we start planning the night or the very next morning depending how late we come in and how tired we are...But usually by the end of the weekend we have an outline of when/how/who/what/where we are looking for. Now that we are part of DVC we usually have to wait until the 11 month window hits and we book our home resort....and then when the 7 month window hits we change it to whatever villa we plan on staying...or would like to stay...We have a plan the weekend we get back and the ressies a couple of months later....:mickey:

gmgdisneymom
09-24-2008, 10:55 AM
you guys make me feel so much better - normal even!;)

KineGirl
09-24-2008, 11:35 AM
I never usually plan multiple trips. What does usually happen though is while we are there we may decide what time of year we'd like to come back. Maybe its been a few years since we've seen the Christmas decorations or attended the Food & Wine fest or enjoyed the late EMH's of summer or maybe its just when the best availability in the DVC for a certain resort. For the past few years we have been fortunate to be able to take 2 trips to the World each year but before that we went once per year. As long as you plan on going back you can always keep planning regardless what the countdown is. :mickey:

tinksmom02
09-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I would LOVE to be planning multiple trips, but my wallet can't afford it LOL

We're actually in the very early planning stages of a (gasp!) non-Disney vacation for Feb 2010, but I won't put it on the countdown clock until it's a definite.

However, I can't stand the countdown clock reading 0 0 0 0--too depressing--so I entered Christmas. I need to have something to look forward to.