PDA

View Full Version : OKW Building Request

Madame Leona
09-23-2008, 07:28 PM
We are leaving for OKW on Sunday and we rented points from a DVC member. My question is can I request to be in a building within walking distance of the main building or would that be a perferred room? I'm not even really sure if they have preferred rooms at OKW. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

dlpmikki
09-24-2008, 02:44 AM
There is a room category called 'near hospitality house' and if they have not booked that you are unlikely to get a room in walking distance.

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 01:35 PM
What I would do is this:
Call the person who you are renting points from and ask them to call FOR YOU, DIRECTLY to the front desk of the OKW resort and have the RESORT add the request FOR you. It helps to provide some reason for this such as "We have an elderly person in the party" or "We have small children that will be spending an enormous amount of time running back and forth to and from the main pool" etc.

We have gotten a room close before on the day of arrival, it just depends on the other requests. My experience is that OKW (and I am not an owner there, my points are elsewhere) seems to be THE MOST accomodating of all of the DVC Resorts with Beach Club being the LEAST. <--- thats just my 2 cents worth.

I would say that at this point, being school has started back, your chances are 50/50 but you have to get the owner of the points to add the request to the reservation. You can't do it until you arrive and it may well be too late by then.

Good luck.