PDA

View Full Version : Fun & imformative bus driver

Ropachs
09-23-2008, 01:35 PM
On one of my trips, either 1998 or 2000, we had this great bus driver who threw out loads of fun Disney facts during our ride. Trivia-type stuff, like how many pairs of sunglasses are lost every day at WDW. It was so interesting. Haven't had anything like that since, have any of you encountered a driver like this more recently??

BigRedDad
09-23-2008, 01:58 PM
We had a great bus driver on the way back to MCO. He asked questions, did trivia, had loads of fun, even after my DD2 spilled apple juice all over him. He would not accept money for the cleaning. I forgot his name now, but I did send a letter to WDW and to Mears with his name. I included a check to him for what I guessed the cleaning would have been. It was cashed, so I guess he did receive it from Mears.

mouseketeer mom
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Not recently. A couple of years ago we had a driver that called attention to the little girls dressed like princesses, we sang zip a dee do dah, and played trivia games! I didn't want the trip to end. He was wonderful. I really kicked myself later for not getting his name so I could let management know how terrific he was.

disneymom15
09-23-2008, 02:33 PM
We've had a couple of exceptional bus drivers. It really makes a difference when they interact with the people on the bus. Wish more were like that.

vicster
09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
We just came back and had the same driver to and from MCO. His name was Chadwick (and no one can call him that except his mother). He was fun and knew a lot of trivia - he use to be a cast member.

IloveDisney71
09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I've had two really great bus drivers. One did trivia questions on the way to morning EMH's at the MK - it was a great start to the (early)morning.
Another driver sang the wheels on the bus song - the kids and grown-ups all sang along. She blew the horn, turned on the windshield wipers, etc. That was really something special. :D

faline
09-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Back in the day (and I'm talking a lot of years ago), this used to be the norm rather than the exception! I certainly do miss that!

Marilyn Michetti
09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Back in 1984, we always looked forward to the bus drivers. LONG time ago !!!!!:)

MauiMouse
09-23-2008, 10:36 PM
We had a bus driver get lost, well not really. But we were on our way back to Pop Century from Magic Kingdom, after MNSSHP and he turned into MGM Studios, which was closed. He had to turn around and make our way to Pop Century. He did make a comment. I was wondering what he was doing when we turned into MGM.

And yes, we had a bus driver a long time ago that would give some trivia. Now you have to listen to the spiel on the bus about your destination or the music specific to your resort.