PDA

View Full Version : Keep your fingers crossed for me! Doggie!

DisneyDog
09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
9 months after losing our 13 year old corgi, and almost 2 years after losing our 14 year old corgi, we have decided to open our hearts again to a new dog. I have been invited to meet a 2 year old Bichon/Miniature Poodle mix this weekend. I sent a list of questions to the foster mom, and I am waiting to hear back. I hope her response is a good one. The dog was abused in her previous home and has some fears, so I am just making sure she will fit in with our family -- 6 year old son (dog does like kids), cat (dog does like cats) -- those things I already know about. But, DH plays the drums, so I am worried that this might be an issue. She looks like a real sweetie...so keep your fingers crossed for me! DisneyDog needs a new dog in her life!

Stitchahula
09-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I hope everything works out for you and the pup. I know how hard it is getting to the point where you feel you can love another furbaby but it is worth it. You never know maybe this pup will be just the thing everyone needs. The pup helping you heal and you helping the pup to heal. Let us know how things work out for you.

debandbub
09-23-2008, 02:28 PM
I hope it all works out for you, too. My sympathies on your losses. I know how devastating it is to lose a four-legged member of your family. It's been my experience that animals find their people, not the other way around, so hopefully this little guy has found his people in your family. :) And kudos for considering an adult doggie from a foster rather than buying a puppy- these are the animals that NEED homes. That's the route we will always go whenever we expand our family. :thumbsup: As far as the drums- maybe you can talk to a vet or an animal behaviorist and come up with a plan to condition the little guy into tolerating the noise- or maybe it won't be an issue at all! Should work out just fine !

DizNee143
09-23-2008, 02:31 PM
i hope everything works out for you guys and the doggie!! goodluck!! :D

RenDuran
09-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Let's hope that dog loves the drums!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

ChipnDaleGal
09-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I hope this dog can fit into your family's life and you all get a happy ending. :thumbsup:

Carol
09-24-2008, 06:36 AM
Best of luck. Please let us know how it goes. :puppy:

ChipnDaleGal
09-24-2008, 08:01 AM
:puppy:

Oh my goodness - that is the cutest little smilie ever!! You are the Smilie Master, Carol!! :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
09-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Fingers and toes crossed that it all works out well for the pup and your family. Sounds like potentially good vibes going there!

I was just saying to my husband the other day that I so want to foster a dog or cat from the Houston SPCA right now. They have a bunch of Hurricane Ike survivors from Galveston Island that they are asking people to foster and possibly adopt. But according to the deed restrictions in our community, we are at the max in our pet quota (2 dogs, 2 cats). :(

DisneyDog
09-24-2008, 02:39 PM
I still haven't heard back from the rescue lady yet. I hope I didn't scare her off with all of my questions (I am a seasoned rescue-dog owner, so I had a ton of questions). We also have an appointment at a shelter for small animals (privately owned) on Saturday morning. So, if the lady contacts me, we could still go to see the first dog in the late afternoon. I'm going nuts waiting to hear from her...

Minnie Imagineer
09-24-2008, 03:44 PM
sorry about your corgis..:(

I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, shes 1 year old and adorable!! She is shaped like an ottoman!

Best of luck!!!! :puppy: