PDA

View Full Version : Early check-in question

biodtl
09-23-2008, 08:41 AM
On previous trips, we have always been lucky enough to get a room right away, but we are arriving pretty early this time around (our flight leaves Pittsburgh at 6:45), and I suspect there won't be a room ready for us when we get there.

I know we can get our KTTW and leave our bags, but how does this process work? I assume that we will wait at the counter and check in, so we can get our keys, etc. Then we plan to head to the MK. But when we head back to the resort, can we go straight to our room, or do we need to wait in the check-in line again and "officially" check-in?

Wickster1970
09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Thank you for asking this!
We recently decided to fly instead of drive so we will be getting to the hotel around 11ish. :)

KylesMom
09-23-2008, 08:46 AM
When you pre-check in you will receive all information including your KTTW cards. The resort will give you a phone number to call to see if your room is ready later in the day. When it is, you'll be given the room number and can proceed directly to your room - no need to go back to the check in desk. :mickey:

If you are using ME, your bags will be delivered to your room. If not, (and you're staying at a resort which has bell services - I don't think all resorts have this amenity) call them when you arrive in your room & they'll deliver your bags.

mouseketeer mom
09-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Yep, thats right. They give you a special phone number to call to see if your room is ready., no need to return to the front desk. When we stayed at WL one time, our room wasn't ready. We were given the number to call later on to check. We went to Roaring Forks, got something to eat, and planned to head to MK. On a whim, I called when we sat down with our food, and our room was now ready!!! This was 20 mins later!

Strmchsr
09-23-2008, 09:44 AM
If you're not picky about room location you can also ask for an "available" room when you check in and they can find a room already good to go.

biodtl
09-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks! I am definitely not picky about location - as long as the room is in WDW, I'm happy. It would definitely be nice to get in right away and freshen up, since we usually head to the MK for the long haul.

vicster
09-23-2008, 03:59 PM
We took an early flight September 12th and arrived at our resort at 10:30. By some miracle our room was ready.

kemps@wdw
09-23-2008, 09:56 PM
We ALWAYS check in early! Usually anywhere from 7AM to 8AM. The earlier you check in, the more likely you are to get the area and/or possibly the room (yes, we know what room we want) you want. And you'll avoid the heavy "check-in" crowd.:mickey: You check your luggage, (DO NOT leave anything valuable in unlocked bags! We had our laptop stolen), get your card w/the return # to call, and head out to wherever you want to go. In some cases, as w/the previous poster, you'll get in earlier than usual. But in most cases, we were able to get in our room around noonish. Call down to the desk, and they'll send your things up! Check your things immediately to confirm all is there!

MicMouse
09-24-2008, 10:24 AM
We checked in early at the Poly - around 7:30 am and were able to hit the MK by 8:00 am. We were even able to check in my in-laws at the same time, even though their flight didn't arrive until 11:00 am.