PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music

N2DisneyWorld
09-22-2008, 10:49 PM
We are staying at the All Star Music in November. If you have stayed at the resort, please tell me what you think about it. What section did you stay in, crowd level compared to other All Star resorts, etc.?

sassy2000
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
We stayed at Allstar Music October 2007 and enjoyed it. We had a room in the Broadway Bldg and have no complaints. It was quiet and not toofar of a walk to the main pool and food court. The resort was not very crowded especially compared to our late Apr 08 stay @ AS Movies. The only bad point is the buses. They stopped at Sports resort first so were fairly crowded when reaching our bus stop. Have fun. :mickey:

Sassy2000

DisneyMP3Maker
09-23-2008, 12:02 AM
we stayed there in June of '04 and are very pleased with how the trip went. we staying in the jazz section which is right around the middle, close to both pools and not that far from the main building. I would stay there again. The crowds were manageable at that time of the year.

Dopeysgal
09-23-2008, 01:02 AM
We have stayed at ASMu 3x.

The first 2 times (both in January) were really great. We paid the extra $10/night for a preferred room, which means you're in the Calypso building (close to main pool, lobby and buses). This is important because of the short walk to the buses and it also makes it easier to run down to refill your mug. We got much less use out of the mug when the lobby was a 10 minute walk away.

3rd time we were in Rock and Roll. The walk was just... a lot.. And we couldn't run down to the lobby for a drink or a quick bite. I think if preferred is available, it's worth the $10. This time it was considerably noisier because there was a school band staying in our building. I would still say the noise level was fine. it was mostly quiet, we only heard the kids when they were congregating outside.

For us we spend so little time in the room, and by the time we get there at night,we're so pooped we could sleep through a yeti attack!

Disneyfun
09-23-2008, 01:29 AM
We stayed at ASMu a few years ago in the Jazz building on the first floor during the cheerleading competition. At this point most people think I'm going to say that the cheerleaders were so noisy that we could never sleep, but you'ld be wrong! It was the luggage carts/maintenance pargos! They ran almost non-stop all night long and we were constantly waking up in the middle of the night. What more is that they couldn't change us due to the package that we had and all of the other rooms were full due to the cheerleading competition.

Lesson learned: never stay on the first floor! We have stayed at POP several times on the 2nd and 3rd floors and have not heard a peep!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-23-2008, 10:21 AM
We stayed at ASMu in April of 08... We were first floor in the Jazz building in a very end room. At first I thought, ah jeez at the location, but since we usually drive ourselves the location was PERFECT... right near the parking lot and across from the playground, so it was a perfect spot for us. It was a bit of a hike to the lobby/busses/food court, but nothing too bad.

We've done preferred at ASMovies and would def do preferred again (we are preferred at POP for our Dec trip) just for the convenience alone. It is only $12 extra a night and honestly 100% worth it. Near the pools, busses, and food court...

pamickeys
09-24-2008, 07:48 PM
We stayed at a value first time in May--picked ASMu, had room in the Rock 'n Roll section. The only thing farther was the Country/Western ? section. The walk was not that bad. I went every morning to get coffee and a newspaper and had no complaints about the walk. The buses were just fine, if the bus was full we went right to the parks and didn't pick up anyone else. Coming home you had to stop at one more resort, big deal. It took all of 5 minutes longer.

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
DH & I stayed at ASMu in January & absolutely loved it. We were on the first floor, standard room in the Jazz Building. Close to the parking lot (which was great). Close to the pool & food court which was great. We loved the refurbished rooms & the overall magical feel of the entire resort. We loved the food court & had no trouble whatsoever with the bus transportation. We only shared 1x to the AK. We've stayed at POP 2x & won't go back because of a very unmagical experience our last trip in Sept. 2007.

ChewyStriker
09-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Just stayed this September in the Jazz building on the first floor and loved it. I was a little concerned b/c I'm a light sleeper and ususally request 3rd floor because of noise, but didn't have any problems. AS Music is my favorite value - it doesn't seem as crowded as POP and the soundproofing is definitely better IMO.

Have fun!:mickey:

lighteningqueen
09-28-2008, 12:35 AM
The best.. we stayed there last Dec when the so called cheerleaders sports were going on. If they were there we didn't know it. Very quiet. We were on the 3rd floor suite and facing the pool guess its preferred and loved it. We did not hear anything not even a slamming door. We are truly surpirsed how great it was. Mousekeeping did an excellant job. Clean room everyday.. We also left her a 5 dollar tip everyday as well. There were 5 of us. We are going again in 68 days and cannot wait to get there.Oh we were in the Calypso building

teambricker04
09-28-2008, 02:28 PM
We have stayed at all of the AS hotels, and generally liked it well enough. We like sports the best as we have two small boys who love the theme. We stay at Music when we stay in the family suites. We love them and enjoy being able to relax while the little ones go to bed earlier.

After staying at the BC the last trip, I am not sure how I feel about the AS. I think I now maybe spoiled (my DH was afraid of that!!!). My sister is at POP right now and I can't wait to hear how it is over there as we have never stayed at POP.

My only complaints with AS, as of the last couple of trips:
1) The CMs seem very grumpy, especially in the food court.
2) The bus wait (I have actually had to SIT on the floor when my DS was an infant because there were sooo many people and no one willing to give up a seat!!!)
3) ME drive (sooo many stops!)

The positives:
1)Sooo affordable
2) The pool is fun, even with a million kids
3) the Themes

Some people complain about the size of the rooms, but we have never had an issue. I suppose that is because our kids are small. We find now that we rent a car when we stay at the AS for the convience.