PDA

View Full Version : Question

WDWTEXAS
09-22-2008, 09:22 PM
What workouts, if any, do you do while on vacation at Disneyworld?

I wasn't sure where to ask this, but since most workouts are done in the hotel, Ithought it would be all right here.

BronxTigger
09-22-2008, 09:34 PM
My workout is walking all day in August in Florida!

I'm at the parks basically from open to close, so there's no time to workout at the resort. I do go back to the resort mid-day sometimes to either nap out the hottest part of the day and/or swim (but NOT at the same time!)

EmmMOM2
09-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Running in the early AM Disney resorts are a beautiful place for a run or jog.

Disney Doll
09-23-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm with BronxTigger. Walking all day at the parks is plenty of exercise for me. A lot of the resorts do have beautiful grounds so I can see the resorts being a pleasant place to go for a jog. Some resorts do have gyms, but not all. Also, some resorts have bike rentals.

KatMark
09-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Walking the parks all day and then we take walks around our resort every night after we get back from the parks because it is so beautiful when the lights are on. There is a fitness center at the resort we stay at, but I've never used it (although I do use the spa).

Jeri Lynn
09-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Walking, walking and more walking.

KODABEAR
09-23-2008, 04:53 PM
We use the Fitness Center at the resort everyday. We are Seniors and need more then walking to keep in shape as we don't spend as much time in the parks as we use to. :minnie::mjump:

gerald72
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
I try to eat all the food on the family-style platters because my kids never seem to be hungry.
That second helping is always a work-out!

Vintage Disney
09-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Being at Disney is my excuse to NOT have to go to the gym. :mickey:

To make up for all the unhealthy food :bar: I eat at WDW I walk extra in the parks---I take the long way everywhere I go, use the stairs at my resort, walk a brisk lap around whatever park I am in....

Yesterday I was listening to a Disney podcast and the podcaster said that they wore a pedometer to the parks and they logged in 9 miles in one day and burned 5000 calories.

kemps@wdw
09-23-2008, 09:43 PM
You're kidding...right? :confused:

threeh
09-23-2008, 09:57 PM
I try to eat all the food on the family-style platters because my kids never seem to be hungry.
That second helping is always a work-out!

:funny:

GrumpyFan
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
You're kidding...right? :confused:

:ditto:

Hull-onian
09-25-2008, 09:28 AM
No workouts here. Walking 15 miles in a day and swimming at night is enough.:blush:

mouseketeer mom
09-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Its amazing how the walking keeps things in check while at Disney. We utilized the deluxe dining plan in August. If anyone read my reports you'll remember it was a huge amount of food, so much so, that we would not get the deluxe dining plan again...well, I thought for certain I would come back being 10 lbs heavier!! Not a chance. The weight stayed good! WDW is such an active vacation. We walk miles and miles a day, on top of swimming. We don't feel the need for any extra workout while we're there.

SBETigg
09-26-2008, 07:55 AM
I usually take vacation time off from working out, but walking around parks can be a workout sometimes. Last trip, my husband spent every early morning at the Grand Floridian Spa working out on the treadmill and elliptical machines. I spent that time in the hot tub. :) I usually had it all to myself. Our kids (teenagers) slept late.

SAHDad
09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I usually try to squeeze in a run or two on the dreadmill at the resort, although I'd like to try some of the paths.

On my next trip (and future ones), I'll be doing daily runs, since I am trying to see how long I can keep my daily running streak alive.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-26-2008, 09:07 AM
I actually have to start building up endurance a couple of months before I go to DW because the walking the parks is a workout in itself...I read that the average person on a 7 day visit to WDW walks 75 miles during their stay.....

Diznee4Me
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
I usually work out my forearms and abs - trying to tighten my belt while sucking in my gut. Those large meals get me everytime!:D

Actually walking and swimming is my only workouts while there. :blush:

DizneyRox
09-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Along with everyone else, walking is enough... I'm a big advocate of walking EVERYWHERE. If it can be walked, we do it, many times it's faster anyway.

Walking from MGM to Epcot. Walking from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge. No escalators or moving sidewalks (while at USF). All that jazz! Also, I'm usually the one who goes for the next fastpass while everyone else waits for me.

All that is plenty...

threeh
10-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Along with everyone else, walking is enough... I'm a big advocate of walking EVERYWHERE. If it can be walked, we do it, many times it's faster anyway.

Walking from MGM to Epcot. Walking from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge. No escalators or moving sidewalks (while at USF). All that jazz! Also, I'm usually the one who goes for the next fastpass while everyone else waits for me.

All that is plenty...
We end up doing this as well, walk whenever possible. It must work because I eat and eat in wdw and we walk and walk!!!
I was thinking I might check out the gym at BWV this trip but we walk a bunch!!

TinyDancer
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry, everytime someone says "Question" all I can think of is The Office where Jim dresses up as Dwight, lol.