PDA

View Full Version : dining plan and bday cake

handmaidenofprincesses
09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
I have a question...

If I break down and get my aunt a bday cake when we go to lunch at Coral Reef, will we lose a dessert? Or can we make it an appetizer? Or something? CR is expensive and I want to ring every last penny out of the DDP, lol, so I don't want to skip a dessert in favor of a more expensive, buy-it-separately cake.

nyobabe2
09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey! I also replied to you in your other thread. Whenever they brought out the cupcake for my daughter (every single meal!) they still brought out the dessert that they were to get anyway. you won't loose one thing in order to get the other. But please for $25 buy her something else and not a cake!!! Coral Reef is awesome by the way, very relaxing and we had a really good meal there.( All 13 of us!)

nyobabe2
09-22-2008, 09:34 PM
P.S. since you're on the DP, why don't you both save 2 of your Table services and use it to go to Calif. Grill and plan it for about an hour before the fireworks go off. Talk about a special bday treat!:birthday:

3AMommy
09-23-2008, 12:31 AM
We were just there for my two son's birthday's and we asked at the check in desk at a couple of restaurants about a birthday cake...we were told something different at every place...

My advice is to contact the restaurant you will be dining with and ask them.

One restaurant brought my son out a complimentary cupcake with candle and all servers sang to him.

One restaurant told me I would have to spend $25 on the cake (but that I could still use our desserts on the DDP)

Then one other restaurant said that we could all combine our dessert options and get the one $25 cake instead.

Like I said, call the restaurant...:D