PDA

View Full Version : Things You've Never Done

EpcotFan182
09-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I thought it would be interesting to share things that you've always meant to do while at WDW but never got around to doing. This came to me when I was listening to the audio from Wishes and realized that I had actually never seen the show before :blush:. Also, I've never been to the Wide World of Sports, any of the water parks, or Winter Summerland mini golf.

handmaidenofprincesses
09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I've never gotten around to going to DisneyQuest, which I've wanted to do ever since the Disney channel Zoogs introduced it (remember the Zoogs? I loved the Zoogs!! haha)

ojeilatan
09-22-2008, 08:08 PM
I've never gotten around to going to DisneyQuest, which I've wanted to do ever since the Disney channel Zoogs introduced it (remember the Zoogs? I loved the Zoogs!! haha)

I sure do remember them :)
And, as horrible as this is, the Country Bears show. I saw it once when I was very, very young at DL, but have never done it at WDW at an age where I could remember. :blush:

And I say ditto for DisneyQuest too; we didn't get around to it last year.

goofiecrazy
09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
We havent made it yet to wide world of sports.

pink
09-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Never been:
Wide World of Sports
Disney Quest
Cirque Dis Soliel (one in Disney only)
Been around World Showcase, only England and Morraco. :blush:

Never seen:
Light's Motor Action Stunt Show
One Man's Dream
Anything other than the big rides at AK
Finding Nemo show
COP in Tomorrowland

:mickey:

EpcotFan182
09-23-2008, 12:50 AM

Ooh thats one I forgot - I've never done that either but I've always wanted to try it!

SmallWorldBobby
09-23-2008, 01:24 AM
I've never done the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) at the Magic Kingdom. It never seemed worth it to wait in line when there is so much else to do. But every time I visit, I make a mental note that it's something I've never done.

handmaidenofprincesses
09-23-2008, 07:03 AM
I've never done the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) at the Magic Kingdom. It never seemed worth it to wait in line when there is so much else to do. But every time I visit, I make a mental note that it's something I've never done.

I know sometimes it could look like a long line, but it loads really quickly and theres never really a need to wait. You should definitely try it, its one of my all-time favs! (go at night though, so that when you pass through Space Mountain you can see more- it's beautiful!)

Katzateer
09-23-2008, 07:10 AM
I have been to WDW over 25 times (and Kings Island at least 10 times since we live nearby) and have never rode a roller coaster!:ack::blush:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-23-2008, 07:19 AM
DQ and World Showcase
I plan to fix that this trip, 3 days and counting! :D :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-23-2008, 07:20 AM
I've never done Hall of Presidents!

Magic Smiles
09-23-2008, 07:41 AM
I think that we have covered most attractions in the parks, but I have not yet visited all of the resorts. Every visit I plan on touring a new resort, but for some reason we still have not completed the tour. Plans last Christmas were to tour ALL resorts to see the decorations ....... didn't happen.:blush:
I always make a list of attractions / shows that we have not yet done for every visit. So far we always manage to cross off at least a couple. DH has not done as many shows as DS and I as he won't do the kiddy shows.

jaredkari
09-23-2008, 08:03 AM
There are lots of things we haven't done. Primarily because we don't have kids so we don't do a lot of the character stuff and little kid rides, such as Dumbo.

I think this will change because we are going in January with our nieces who are 4 and 7. :mickey:

Wickster1970
09-23-2008, 08:33 AM
I never rode Mr. Toads :(

ShinynewJB
09-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Never done Country Bear Jamboree. We were going to this September, but when there are so many other things we love in the Magic Kingdom, we did those insted.

I wanted to go to the Boadwalk area too, never got around to that either.

I always have a plan to take a day where I hop from resort to resort exploring and collecting the pressed quaters. Never happens :P

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Caroseul of Progress, Soarin, Jungle Cruise, Kali River Rapids

EmISeeKayEeWhy
09-23-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm embarrased to say, as many times I have been to WDW I've never done HOP.

TinkerbellT421
09-23-2008, 09:11 AM
I wanted to try Pleasure Island this trip, but thats not going to happen. So I was never able to experience the Adventurers Club. Splash Mountain (been up for re-furb 2 januarys in a row)....Cirque De Soleil show....The water parks...

dixielandings
09-23-2008, 09:15 AM
First of all, to the OP - you need to see Wishes! YESTERDAY!!! Wonderful show! :mickey:

I think the one ride that I've never been on at MK or DL is Dumbo. DH and I were going to break down ride it one day when we decided we'd wait until we have our first child (whenever that is) so it'll be the first time for everyone!

Also, never played golf at WinterSummerland or eaten at Akershus or been the Luau at Poly. There a lot of those kinds of things - restaurants, etc. - that we've never done. We'll get around to all of it someday. :thumbsup:

c&d
09-23-2008, 10:01 AM
We've never played any of the mini golf. It's amazing since at home we love to go and play. Maybe next time we're down.

EmmMOM2
09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Tom Sawyer's Island and mini golf.

We also have never gone to the water parks..

Sharon1026
09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
My husband and son did the mini golf this past June. They said it was expensive and not very good.

sdewan
09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I've never seen the Flights Of Wonder show at Animal Kingdom. Am I missing anything?

TheWizofDiz
09-23-2008, 11:17 AM
I have never taken in Sounds Dangerous at DS...I missed out on the early days of Epcot and would have loved to see many of the now closed attractions...even though I am sure they had their cheesy side.

villavic
09-23-2008, 11:18 AM
The most important thing I wanna do and never did before, is to stay at th Contemporary at a room with castle view and watch the fireworks from balcony.

Obviously I've not done that befor for $ reasons, but now I think I could afford it, at least a couple of nights. Now I'm waiting for the right moment and the right company.

Instead, I'm going in early december and will stay at a moderate hotel (for the 1st time, too!), the Caribbean.

NASCARVW
09-23-2008, 11:44 AM
We havent made it yet to wide world of sports.

I haven't either...
But this coming weekend, I'm participating in the USSSA Co-ed Softball fall festival there.
I can't wait!
WISH US LUCK!
:)

Imagineer1981
- Cirque De Soleil
- Flight of Wonders
- Pocahontas show at AK
- Aladdins Carpets
- the new Astro Orbitor (did the old one before the latest Tomorrowland refurb..so its been awhile)
- Goofy's Barnstormer
- BET club at PI
- Discovery Island (never went)
- River Country (never went)

handmaidenofprincesses
I've never seen the Flights Of Wonder show at Animal Kingdom. Am I missing anything?

I loved Flights of Wonder! And considering that it was 106 degrees, humid, and I had had it up my eyebrows with the climate, that's saying something! (**SPOILER**the obnoxious tour guide thing was a bit annoying though)

darthmacho
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Sadly, most of the thingd I haven't done is because I haven't been since 2003. :(

Haven't gotten to:
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiis Tree House

Haven't had the chance because it is new/updated:

Soarin'
Expedition Everest
Pirates update
Spaceship Earth update
Mickey's Philharmagic
Living Seas update
Stunt Car Show at MGM
Stitch's Great Escape
Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor
there's got to be more, but I can't recall...

Hope I get to see them all soon!

Jeri Lynn
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
I've never done the rides in Toontown...along with Dumbo and Alladin's Magic Carpets and a couple of the rides in Tomorrowland, I think the Astro one....I'm just afraid of the dizzy factor on those things.

I've never done the Rock N' Roller Coaster in the Studio's.

At the Waterparks I've never gone down the giant water slides...and probably never will.

I've been to Disney Quest but didn't care for it.

Have never been to the Wide World of Sports.

I'm sure there are other things, but I can say that everything I've wanted to do I have done, everything else is stuff that maybe I'll do someday.

joonyer
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I have never ridden Astro Orbiter at MK. I'm not crazy about heights, and it usually has too long a wait (slow loading) on top of that, so even though every trip I tell myself I am going to ride it this time, I have missed out on it all these years. Still, once again, I intend to ride it on my next trip trip at the MNSSHP on Oct. 13. (Will it be open for the Party?)

TinkerbellT421
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM

You are missing everything about that show! I love that show! One of my all time favorites...hint, bring a video camera with you! I really is an amazing show! :cloud9::thumbsup:

AllDisney
09-23-2008, 06:41 PM
We have never done Adventurer's Club, mini golf or DisneyQuest. Now that Adventurer's Club is closing for good I can scratch that off the list for things to do next time:mad:

Soul_Power
09-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I think the list of things that we've actually DONE at WDW would be a lot easier to list than what we HAVEN'T DONE (haha.. we've only gone once), but here are a few:

Visted every country in EPCOT
Wide World of Sports
Tours
MVMCP
MNSSHP
Major slides at the water parks (the lines were too long)

emmbowles
09-23-2008, 07:03 PM
MK- Dumbo, Aladdins Magic Carpets, Astro Orbiter, Tom Sawyer Island

EPCOT- Soarin, Flights of Wonder, Ellen show

HS- Drew Carrey show

IloveDisney71
09-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I've never done:
-La Nouba in DTD
-Visited every country in Epcot now that I'm an adult
- Visited the Boardwalk
-Been to the Hoop Dee Doo Review at WL
-Been to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
-Been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I hope to one day cross all of these off of my "to do" list!:mickey:

kemps@wdw
09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Let's see...
Alot of the things we haven't done are things that we're not really interested in (LaNouba, PI) and the places we haven't eaten at are places we simply do not like the cuisine. That being said, in the many times we've been to WDW, there are a few things we've missed.:( And we plan to remedy that in 09. :yes: Such as taking 1 whole day for resort hopping, parasailing, and the "Keys" tour (now that DD is 16). Other than that, I believe we've covered just about everything!:D

Rhetoric2000
09-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Attractions I've never done:

- Tomorrowland Speedway (and never will).
- Alladin's Carpets (and probably never will).
- Astro-orbiter (and Star Jets before it).
- Triceratop Spin (There's a theme here!)
- I never did Dreamflight actually, and rather feel sad about it.

Things I quite want to do but haven't got round to yet:

- Dine at V&A.
- Winter Summerland.
- Go to Caribbean Beach.
- Jellyrolls.

4ubie1
09-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Don't hate me but...I have never done It's a Small World! I really want to do it 'cause I love the rides and attractions that are from the time of Walt himself but...there is always a long line and I always say I'll be back when it is slower and then time runs out so I never make it back...sad I know! :(

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I'll bet MOST of you have never ventured down the "Secret Path" in Animal Kingdom.

Oh it IS real and I THINK it's still there. I know that as of last Spring it was there, although not very well maintained.

Tbelle1976
09-24-2008, 10:11 AM
I've also never been to Wide World of Sports, but will be there in Feb. as my daughter is in the Twirlmania competitions.
Also have never done the fireworks cruise, which I've always wanted to do...one of these years!

Hull-onian
09-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Lights, Camera, Action!!! Never been.

dolphinmickey9170
09-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Now that I have our DGD to take, I have an excuse for some of these attractions.

Disney Quest
Clubs at PI, Did the Wildhorse years and years ago
Ariel's Grotto
Donald's Boat
Pooh's Thoughtful Spot
HISTK Playground
Flights of Wonder

yjgirl32
09-25-2008, 10:49 AM
I missed seing the electric parade and Fantasmic. Fantasmic we just didn't stay out late enough- had a 3 year old and two older women with us and we all happened to be very tired.

MickeysEars
09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
just sticking to the parks...

Lights Action...
TOT (never will)
RnR(maybe)
EE(maybe)
Tri Spin (kids not big enough)
all the circle vision movies at EPCOT (should I)

I know there are others but i am drawing a blank

sdewan
09-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I missed seing the electric parade and Fantasmic. Fantasmic we just didn't stay out late enough- had a 3 year old and two older women with us and we all happened to be very tired.

Sounds like a reason to plan a trip to Disneyland. You can still catch them there. Fantasmic is year round, but the EP is only shown in the Summer and for a few weeks at Christmas time.

TinkerbellT421
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Now that I have our DGD to take, I have an excuse for some of these attractions.

Disney Quest
Clubs at PI, Did the Wildhorse years and years ago
Ariel's Grotto
Donald's Boat
Pooh's Thoughtful Spot
HISTK Playground
Flights of Wonder

You can mark off PI....closed officially I think this week...So you wont be able to do that one...I was never able to try that...always wanted to. Was going to do it this year, we planned around doing in January..we had an extra day we werent doing anything to go, but then the made the announcement :-(

CosmicRay
09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
We are such creatures of habits. We always go for the rides and miss the shows. I wish we could have and should have done the Tarzan show when it was at AK. DS loves Tarzan and he would have gotten a kick out of that. But Country Bears, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Nemo and other shows, we haven't seen. Also we haven't stopped to watch Fantasmic.

One year though, DH and I made a plan on one of our past trips to do things at WDW we've never done before. We have so many memories of that trip! We have never just slowed down and walked through every country in WS. We found out in Japan that they have a place where you can pick and oyster and get the pearl inside. This is now a tradition, to go and get DD a pearl each time.

laward32
09-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Never been to the water parks, DisneyQuest, Wide World of Sports or the mini golf. I still haven't seen Fantasmic!, Lights, Motor Show, FOTLK, Finding Nemo show, Astro Orbitors, Monsters Inc., Sounds Dangerous, Mission Space (don't plan on riding though). And of course, TSM. Just gives me more reasons to go back again.:woohoo:

threeh
09-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I've never seen fantasmic either. We're going in January so I'm hoping for light crowds and I'll put it on the "to do" list!!:mickey:

dmosher
09-26-2008, 04:16 PM
We just got back a few weeks ago a from a 2 week trip to WDW and this was suppose to be the year we do all the things we have not done (or at least done together).
We finally did
Expedition Everest
Flights of Wonder
It's Tough to Be A Bug (didn't remember it at all)

It's a Small World (DW had never done this one)
Space Mountain (DW had never done this one)
Big Thunder Railroad (DW had never done this one)
Tiki Room (since the change over-very disappointing)
Keys to the kingdom tour (awesome!)
MNSSHP (SOOOO worth it!)
River Boat (Great Views)
Haunted Mansion at night (only ones on the ride
-Heard the whispers in Haunted Mansion loading ares (stay together)

Mission Space (Red Line-Woohoo!)
Innoventions
Space Ship Earth (since the changeover)
Toy Story Mania (Sooo coool!)
Lights Motors Action (honestly a bit of a disappointment).

Last trips to the Adventuer's Club (sooo sad)
---
However, we still did not do all of the things we had planned. My goal was to hit all of the things I hadn't done in a looong time or ever.

Dumbo
Aladdin's Magic Carpets
Astro-Orbiters
Splash Mounting (DW said no to this one)
Mickey's Toontown (though we did go through for MNSSHP)
Country Bear Jamboree
Jungle Cruise, TTA (have seen them during the day but NOT at night)
Tom Sawyer'as Island

Oh Canada (since the change)

Fantasmic (DW had never done this one)

Missed Eve in animal kingdom (though I am not certain she is still there)

Resort hopping (we usually try a few new resorts but ran out of time)
Miniature Golf (DW had never done this one)

Dole Whips (still never had one!)

:pipes:
D

Going2HeavenRU
09-27-2008, 09:45 AM
I agree with Magic Smiles. Every trip I tell myself I have plenty of time to see everything I just need to slow down and see some of the resorts. And up until this year, I never took the time. Last week, however, I actually left Magic Kingdom in the afternoon and took the boat over to the Fort Wilderness Lodge. It was wonderful. The boat ride was really nice and the lodge is beautiful. I highly recommend seeing it if you haven't.

Next trip I hope to see Disney Quest and the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

AdventurerKim
09-27-2008, 10:02 AM
I've never ridden Space Mountain, the only ride in MK I've never ridden in 25+ years of visits. Also, never done most of AK because we never go there and the spinning MS in Epcot, but I did the non-spinning side.

Mad About Mickey
09-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Most of our trips to WDW in the past have been 5 days so some attractions have been passed up. Especially the movies at Epcot's World Showcase.

We've missed

Reflections of China
Impressions de France
O Canada
American Adventure
The Circle of Life
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Beauty & the Beast Live
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Toy Story Mania
Playhouse Disney Live
Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo the Musical
Magic Carpets of Alladin
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

We're going for 8 days this December and are looking forward to getting to all the attractions we've missed or have opened since our last visit :thumbsup:.

MickeyMousse
09-27-2008, 11:18 AM
There are many things that we've never done or seen but my DS's have always asked to see Fantasmic. My DH and I always say "maybe later in the trip" or "next time"....I think our upcoming trip in 2/09 will finally be the one where we actually do it, especially since I heard that they are cutting down on the amount of shows they do per week!!!!

MIKESMOM
09-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Lights, Motors, Action
The movies at WS in Epcot.
I am hoping to see LMA & as many of the movies as I can this trip.

KT1234
09-27-2008, 09:48 PM
here's my list!

Hall of Presidents
Disney Quest: I always wanted to go but there never seemed to be enough time...esp. for being indoors in a crowded area. Always made me think of Discovery Zone where there was always a pushy kid in your way!
Jungle Cruise!
Cirque: my mother has an huge fear of clowns and refuses
Astro orbiter

beachezncream
09-28-2008, 08:24 PM
TOT :ill: - I've never ridden... should I?

azdisneymom
09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Never have done any of the tours. Hope to correct that mistake on our next trip. We will be doing the Aqua Seas tour - so if you see a 50ish, not in the best shape woman in one of those wet suits :blush: please don't laugh.

Aggie97
09-28-2008, 09:46 PM
My husband and I don't have kids yet, but I imagine we'll get to most of these attractions once we do! :mickey:

MK: Barnstormer, Donald's Boat, Ariel's Grotto, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Storytime with Belle, Dumbo (rode as kids), Indy Speedway (rode as kids)

DHS: Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid

AK: Pocahontas, Rafiki's Planet Watch, Primeval Whirl, Triceratop Spin, Kali River Rapids (just don't like to get that wet!)

We have not played miniature golf or visited the water parks as adults, either.

wedway76
09-29-2008, 11:16 AM
I never went to the Diamond Horseshoe Revue. I must have been to WDW 10 times while it was open but never went.

We also have never been to the Wide World of Sports, despite being big baseball fans and having been down there during Spring Training, we never went.

We also never went to Cirque du Soleil. It just seems expensive. Have seen a few “Cirque” shows on television, they are good, and I don’t doubt they are better in person, but I can’t see spending all that money.

My son HATES 3D shows. We’ve seen Bug’s Life and Muppet Vision, but I think those are the only two that we’ve seen.

Greenlawler
09-29-2008, 02:36 PM
I tend to be a creature of habit. So I usually do the same things every time we go, but this year I did check some things off my list

but I still missed out on: Kali River Rapids, Lights Camera Action, and Dinosaur

This year I checked off Astro Orbiter, Living With The Land, and the Rockin Roller Coaster (I dislike Aerosmith so I had not ridden based on principle).

LandFan
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM
We keep trying to cross things off too...
Lately we've managed to hit the Astro Orbiters, Tom Sawyer's Island, Osborne lights, MVMCP, nemo musical, nemo ride, Toy Story Mania, Aladdin's carpets, SFR-Treehouse, Speedway and Impressions de France, main street vehicles.

We still have to do: Dumbo (I did it when I was little but don't remember it), DisneyQuest, Mini-Golf, the water parks, horse-drawn trolley on main st, searaycers, cirque du soleil, and a few more items I'm sure...

I guess I'll have to start making up the list for this Thanksgiving!
:D

BigRedDad
09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I have not really toured the World Showcase. I have been there and by all countries, I have done the beers around the world, but I have never really visited each country. I will probably do several this trip, if not all.

bertasso59
09-29-2008, 07:02 PM

You have to go.I dragged my tired DW and DD to it after a day at Blizzard beach("I dont know...some arcade your Dad wants to go to")and as soon as they got there my DW was reliving her youth in front of Galaxia and they both were flying a magic carpet.i had a hard time finding them but when i did we all had a blast in Pirates of the Caribbean.I steered while they blasted ships with cannons.
I loved playing Tron,Marble Madness and Spy Hunter(all of this was free play once you pay admission or get it free with your water parks and more tickets)which I used to play for hours at the Fort Wilderness arcades back in the mid 80s.

tinksmom02
09-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Rock N Roller Coaster!

I can't believe I missed it AGAIN!!!! :mad:

DisneyDoug2
09-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Snow White’s Scary Adventure, the ride must be good because the line is always very long. We are heading back in late January, hopefully the line will be short!

passholderryan
09-30-2008, 12:55 PM
There's two things that I haven't done, one I will be able to do in a couple of weeks, and one I won't beacuse it's closed.
I never got the chance to check out Discovery Island.
But I will be able to rent a pontoon boat from Poly or GF and cruise by it. I've rented the all the other boats, but this time I'll try the pontoon for an hour and relax.

kathiep
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I swore that this year I would do Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Only it was closed for refurbishment :funny::funny: