PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef now a signature restaurant?

ortech
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
I just printed out the Disney Dining Plan Locations brochure for 2009, so I can start planning my May trip and was surprised to see the Coral Reef has been deemed a signature restaurant . It has always been on my list of must do when I visit, but now I'll have to use two table service meals. Are they raising prices,changing the menu,or just cutting back more on the dining plan?

VAdizneefan
09-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Coral Reef didn't change to become a signature restaurant. It is still one credit on the dining plan in 2009.
:cloud9:

DizneyRox
09-22-2008, 07:44 PM
I can't imagine it being a Signature choice. I wouldn't waste a snack credit on it, never mind blow two TS credits. Hopefully it's not true.

luvdiznee
09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
I can't imagine it being a Signature choice. I wouldn't waste a snack credit on it, never mind blow two TS credits. Hopefully it's not true.

:funny:Come on, wasn't that bad when we went for lunch. Lobster bisque was great. :eat: Can't wait to be there THIS Friday for dinner. :tasty:But I must agree, 2 credits...:down:So I hope it's not true. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Really? I liked Coral Reef....it was good.

The fish are distracting though. LOL.

Sharon1026
09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Really? I liked Coral Reef....it was good.

The fish are distracting though. LOL.

It's funny. You want to sit by the tank to have a good view, but then you get people getting in your space and walking up next to you while you are trying to eat. Last time I was there some people just let their kids run around between all of the people dining so they could look at the fish. After the third time the kid hit my chair (yelling "look at the fish"), I asked him to sit down "or else".

I'll take a seat on the second tier next time, thank you.

tigger_ttfn
09-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Where did you get the listing that showed it as two table credits? :confused: We are going in January and Coral Reef planned as one of our dinners.

If it's changed then I'm going to be very sad. :cry: The brochure I have shows 073108 at the bottom of the last page. It's the one from the Magical Journeys.

DisneyDoug2
09-23-2008, 08:46 AM
I ate there last year and was not impressed with the food! The tank was cool to look at but definitely not worth two credits!

DisneyBabies
09-23-2008, 09:01 AM
I just looked at the dining brochure for 2009 (basic and deluxe) on the Disney website, and they both show that Coral Reef is ONE TS credit. I'm not sure where the OP saw that it is a 'signature restaurant', but the disney brochure doesn't say that.

yjgirl32
09-23-2008, 09:26 AM
I really enjoyed it when we were there last May- and was hoping to show my in-laws this place also so i'm really really hoping they don't change it to a Signature dining- that would really stink for us. We all loved our meal and the view was fantastic.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I was told it was a signature restaurant in the past, but is now a one table service credit restaurant......

handmaidenofprincesses
09-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I have the 2009 DDP brochure right in front of me... hakuna matata, everyone, it's only ONE credit!:simba:

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Coral Reef...mixed emotions on this one to begin with...

I have always loved the Coral Reef. Heck, we had actually been to WDW 3 times before we saw it back there hidden like it is. (We never read anything, as we like to discover)

My take on the Coral Reef is this. The food is absolutely excellent but I have often felt that is was a bit over priced. I'm not surprised it is upping itself to Signature on the Plan.

But I have to admit, they are very accomodating to our crew, as we have 7 kids that is saying something. Great food, great service, high prices. GO figure.

We got asked to be quiet one day there for lunch when my kids and I were banging our light up ice cubes on the table to get them to turn off and on. There weren't many people there and we were seated almost alone, and we really weren't being THAT loud. We have since been careful no matter where we eat to be as quiet as possible.