PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance?

Insanity Clause
09-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Just curious. Today we decided to take another trip to the world in Dec 2010, yes you read right...2010...so at the moment we are simultaneously planning our current trip for April of 2009 and another for Dec 2010...Is is just overly ridiculous and we are starting to plan the other one? Granted there is not a lot we can actually do until next August when they open up the room and everything.

I was curious about when all of you start the planning?

Is there a support group with my condition? OPD...Over Planning Disorder. I really think I need help.

disneymom15
09-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes, the support group is called Intercot, and we're all in it.

thumperbug
09-22-2008, 07:19 PM
I am always planning the next trip even before the current trip is even here. Gives me something to look foward to....

SAHDad
09-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Nah, it's not a problem. When we got back from our last trip at the beginning of the year, we started planning two trips - the anniversary trip (for just DW and myself) next January, and then the whole family trip (me, DW, DS, DD, MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, SIL #2, BIL #2, DN, SIL #3) for October 2009.

And I am scoping dates for 2010, but haven't decided on anything yet.

So, really, here on Intercot, that's normal behavior.

Insanity Clause
09-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Thank you I feel better. My DH was starting to look at me like I grew another head.

xipetotec
09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Just curious. Today we decided to take another trip to the world in Dec 2010, yes you read right...2010...so at the moment we are simultaneously planning our current trip for April of 2009 and another for Dec 2010...Is is just overly ridiculous and we are starting to plan the other one? Granted there is not a lot we can actually do until next August when they open up the room and everything.

I was curious about when all of you start the planning?

Is there a support group with my condition? OPD...Over Planning Disorder. I really think I need help.

Well we do that. But for different reasons. My mother is a DVC member, but her method of DVC'ing is to bring as much family as possible. That includes, her, my dad, brother, myself, Dw, DS1, DS2, DD and sometimes cousins and/or aunts and uncles.

As a result, she saves up three years worth of points ( banked and borrowed ) and we end up going about every two years. Next up, March 2010. And I'm already planning the days... ( Yes, I'm the official planner despite her being the owner ;) )