PDA

View Full Version : Wristbands or Key Card for EMH?

JasonH
09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I know that this has been a hot topic as of late after hearing that instead of wristbands, guests would be using their KTTK room key card during EMH. B/c of this, I decided to email them about my concerns that alot of us intercotees share with using the card instead. Well, I just got a response back today and I will paste a portion of what was written back to me:

"At this time wristbands are still given out for Disney Resort Guest
staying in our Parks for Extra Magic Hours.

Extra Magic Hours are only for Disney Resort guest."

Could it be they decided against it after all and are changing back? Anyone want to comment or shed any new light on the subject that has gone to EMH most recently?

Marker
09-22-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't know about the validity of the response you received. As of Friday night's EMH at Epcot (and all night EMH's since Sept 14) there are no wrist bands given out. They do ask to see your key prior to entering an attraction. Some, perhaps even most, do make an effort to see the date on your card.

On more than one occasion, I saw people turned away after showing their card.

For me, it was no additional hassle at all. As you're walking to the entrance, reach in your pocket and show the card to the CM. My daughter actually wore hers on the end of her pin trading lanyard so she didn't even have to get it out.

The only hassle, we just with me getting used to the new system. Sometimes I'd forget and they would simply ask to see my card.

In fact, one benefit that I noticed was that I never found myself without a wristband after the designated time, with no distribution location anywhere near.

For what it's worth, they do still use wrist bands for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

g8rgirl29
09-25-2008, 11:35 AM
We just returned from MK and I personally miss the wrist bands!!!! With small children it is a major pain to keep pulling out all your key cards at every ride you get on. I was worried about losing my card (with charging privilges) all night long!! It is pretty inconvenient. EMH is still great and you get to ride so many more rides in a short period of time. It certainly won't stop me from taking advantage of EMH!

thrillme
09-25-2008, 12:25 PM
We just returned from MK and I personally miss the wrist bands!!!! I was worried about losing my card (with charging privilges) all night long!! It is pretty inconvenient.

I too am a bit concerned about that. I figure I'll just get one of those plastic holders for everybody.

The problem I see with the using the key cards is the ability to abuse them. If you lose a key card all you have to do is go to the front desk and get a new one. People can LOSE key cards to friends and family not staying in the resort and simply ask for new ones. When you PAID for the wrist band (still the best way) or they scanned your key card then gave you a wrist band there was never a question about whether it was valid or not.

KAT1811
10-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I have to say that I am a bit worried about losing our cards if we have to keep taking them in and out. Does Disney have the lanyards with the clear pouch at least for sale (it would be nice if they provided them to guests instead of those luggage tags)? I suppose I would feel a bit better knowing that they are secure around my neck and I wouldn't have to keep taking them out every 10 minutes.

ryca1dreams
10-02-2008, 09:20 AM
My opinion is, and I will stick to this, that this is Disney's way of keeping more people in the stores to boost revenue and has nothing to do with saving money on wristbands. I may be wrong, but looking at it logically, what else do they have to gain? They are a business.

thatkindofday
10-02-2008, 09:29 AM
When we went a few weeks ago, dh and I just wore our lanyards with the clearpouch on it with our kttw card in it. It wasn't a hassle, but I see how people could abuse it. I wore my lanyard on EVERY ride (including tot and rnrc) and didn't have a problem with losing it.

Imagineer1981
10-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I bet the sale of lanyards has increased...sneaky Disney