PDA

View Full Version : Parks in January?

CosmicRay
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
We usually go to WDW in Nov or Dec because we love to see the Christmas decorations and hear the holiday music. We have never gone in Jan, but this year we will be going from Jan 4 - 11. Are the decorations still up? Are there any holiday festivities still going on? I know the Candlelight Pro. will be done, but will the Osborne lights still be up? Also, how are the crowds and weather?

DizNee143
09-22-2008, 01:44 PM
decorations will probably be up for a little while...when i was there in jan of 2006..i think i went from the 8th -13th and there were still some decorations up..each day we saw less and less though..and the osburne lights that year i believe ended on the 6th so we missed it by 2 days..obviously itll be different each year..hopefully youll still be able to see the lights!! have a blast!! january is a GREAT time to go to disney!!! :thumbsup:

CosmicRay
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for you help! We leave in 100 days and we are sooooo excited!

jaredkari
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
We are going the exact same time Jan 4-8. We were there last year Jan 7-11. The weather is great and the decorations were still up the first couple days of our trip, although the castle was never lit up.

Now the bad news, crowds will still be pretty heavy. Last year we went with the expectation that crowds would be small but we were wrong. I would say it was as crowded as during summer months when we have gone before. I don't really think there is really a down time at WDW as far as crowds. :mickey:

mickey&missy
09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
We are going the 3rd - 9th, I believe I read somewhere (although, I could be wrong) that the last might of the Osborne lights is the 3rd.

Last week I had to change our whole trip due to the fact that my sisters family of 5 is longer able to go with us. We changed resorts from POR to WL with no trouble, thanks to our wonderful Magical Journeys agent Kathy. I had to cancel all of the old ADR's I made for 10 and book a whole new set for my family of 5. I got everything I wanted at the time I wanted with only 1 expection. I had wanted a dinner adr at chef mickey on the 4th (Sunday) and wasn't able to get a time I thought was good for the little ones. I switched days with the day I wanted to go to Tony's and had no trouble. The CM on the ressie line told me that things were "wide open" several times. I actually called back the next day when I realized that our Chef Mickey ADR was at 5:30 and SpectroMagic was at 7 (we really want to see it and we never have) to change the ADR to 5 and was able too.

It doesn't seem that it will be that crowded. But, like a previous poster said, there really doesn't seem to be a low time anymore.

Lots of :pixie: for all of us January travelers for low crowds and good weather!!

handmaidenofprincesses
09-23-2008, 07:19 AM
I'll be there too! My aunt and I are going the 4th-10th. I cannot wait!!!!!:mickey: I've been having terrible Disney cravings all week. I hope the crowds are low.. My best friend went w/ her family in January last year and she said they never waited more than 10 minutes for anything. I certainly hope its like that this year!

DisneyMP3Maker
09-23-2008, 10:37 AM
We went from Jan 8-14, 2006 and it was a great time to go. The Christmas decorations and lights were up for the first 3 days, but then it was like an overnight change and it was all gone.

And the crowds at that time were nothing. Schools had started, and there was no one there. We never waited more than 5 minutes to do anything at any park. The weather cooperated with us as well. Every day was in the high 60's, low 70's and sunny.

We are definitely going to go back during that time again.

jonah'smom
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM
We'll be there too! 2nd - 8th or 9th. Still in planning stages, so the only thing nailed down is the dates. (Oh and of course ADR's for the last Character Dinner at Liberty Tree on the 4th!) Gotta make my ressies soon! I've got the FEVER!!!!!

:fingers: for low crowds & good weather!

sdewan
09-23-2008, 10:59 AM
We were there in 2007 from the 5th to the 9th, and the decorations mysteriously came down overnight during the trip.

Sunday the 7th I ran the marathon, which went up Main Street past the Christmas tree. On Monday the 8th my family went to the Magic Kingdom and the tree was completely gone. But it was cool to have the tree in the background of some of the race photos that were taken of the participants (and also to prove to my family that I wasn't nuts).

CosmicRay
09-23-2008, 09:29 PM
We can't wait to go either! Tomorrow, we will be doing the double digit dance!!!