PDA

View Full Version : Miley to Quit Hannah Montana?

CU Tiger
09-22-2008, 12:38 PM
It was said on the radio this morning that Miley Cyrus wants out of Disney and quit Hannah Montana. Is this true? :confused: They also said that Billy Ray and Miley have been creating problems on the set, showing up late, etc.. Out of the 24 shows remaining on her contract, she only wants to shoot 12 of them. Is she forgetting who made her who she is? My DD will be crushed if she leaves. It is hard to believe this is true, but I don’t understand stars anyway. :mickey:

DisneyWhirled
09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I heard the same thing on the radio this morning. I have to say I am very dissapointed, but not surprised.

Dissapointed, in that, as you said, Disney gave (her) them an opportunity to make a name for Miley.

I can see her wanting to spread her wings and that is fair, but there is a way to do it. Not showing up on time, and generally giving a hard time is not professional or acceptable in my book.

Dsnygirl
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I heard the same thing, and am glad that I've already started to pull my kids away from her, as I haven't been too impressed with her or her family's behavior over the past few months.

This behavior on their parts just goes to show that saying you are a certain kind of person/family doesn't mean a thing if you don't live what you say you believe.

Very sad. :(

JoDisney
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
If Miley is making a career move, I think it is necessary to look at this as her career choice. Miley is growing up, and I am assuming she has her eye to the future. All of us do this no matter what business we are in. She has made money by playing a character for Disney. Disney has been rewarded by making even more money. There is really nothing to understand here, except that this is a young woman's work. No doubt any of us in our chosen careers make career changes as they present themselves. We do this for our benefit and for our love ones' benefit. Things change all the time in life. Miley could not be the character, Hannah Montana, forever. Hannah Montana is a character for entertainment. I say, wish Miley success and happiness. If she is quitting Hannah Montana, she did a good job and deserves thanks for entertaining us.

No one really knows how she was in the work place. We hear things from the media and rush to judgment. Wish Miley happiness.

WDWFanatic
09-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Maybe she should talk to the girl who played Lizzie McGuire (her name is escaping me) to see how things are going. It seems like she left without hard feelings.

I think people who look at Miley in a better light if she honored her commitment and then moved on.

DizNee143
09-22-2008, 03:44 PM
theres an article up on people website..saying all this is just rumors! figured id let you guys know! go check it out the article..:)

2Epcot
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I work very close to where Miley does her show. I see a lot of the young girls who come to see the show all dressed up in their Hannah Montana clothing. All of the girls, with their moms in tow, seem very excited to be going to the show. Miley has not been doing this show very long, and obviously she has a lot of fans. I can understand actors and actresses wanting to do new things, but they need to remember what made them a star. While these may just be rumors I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. So many young and old stars have left a poplular show because they think it is time to move on, only to find out they may not be as popular as they think they are ... David Caruso left NPYD Blue to find he could not make it as a leading man in films and returned back to TV.

Jasper
09-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Just like the rest of us I don't anything about how she really is on the set, but know her dad went through some kind of contract dispute a number of years ago. While I don't remember any real significant details I do remember that the judge came down firmly against him and made him finish out the contract. Knowing that, I would find it hard to believe that he would even begin to think about letting Miley try to get out a contract early by just walking away and creating a big dispute. Now that doesn't mean that with all their money that either he or Miley may not try to buy their way out of the contract but that is a completely different situation.

I have also heard other news reports today saying that the first report was all rumors so who knows.

pixiesmimi
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
She was on a morning show recently and said she would do her show one more year and then would move on with her singing career so I would be surprised if she ended it this way. It wouldn't help her singing career any to have people know she didn't fulfill her committment on a contract. She was appearing as Miley, not Hannah Montana.

MushuGrl
09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Kelly, you talking about Hillary Duff?

I'm kinda partial to Hillary. :thumbsup:

Melanie
09-22-2008, 07:03 PM
First off, I added the "?" to the thread title, since this is nothing more than rumor at this time. Nothing has been confirmed by Disney.

theres an article up on people website..saying all this is just rumors! figured id let you guys know! go check it out the article..:)

From People.com:

Miley Cyrus 'Fully Committed to Hannah Montana'

Hannah Montana fans can release a collective sigh of relief: Despite reports of an early exit, teen superstar Miley Cyrus says she isn't retiring her blonde wig anytime soon.

"I am fully committed to Hannah Montana. It's what gave me this amazing opportunity to reach out to so many people," Cyrus tells PEOPLE, adding, "I couldn't do it alone. We have an amazing cast that is so supportive, including my dad who has been there for me every step of the way."

Over the weekend reports circulated that Cyrus, 15, and her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus, have been causing drama on the Disney Channel set by coming to work late and openly talking about wanting to get fired. There were also rumors of a rift between Miley and her costar Emily Osment.

A Disney Channel rep calls talk of on-set squabbles "just gossip," while a source close to Miley Cyrus says: "It's a lot of craziness."

"Miley is really devoted to the show and she's really upset by the gossip," continues the source. "Miley is never late to work. Every minute of her day is planned out. When she's not shooting the movie or the series, she's recording the [Hannah Montana] soundtrack. She has a lot invested in Hannah Montana. It's not going away any time soon."

On set "they're like a big family," says the source. "Emily and Miley are like sisters. Occasionally they have disagreements but they make up and they never let it effect their work."

While Cyrus is no stranger to the rumor mill – she was recently spotted with aspiring country singer Justin Gaston sparking buzz about a budding relationship – "she's used to all of the gossip about her personal life, but when people are attacking her professionalism, it upsets her because she works really hard," says the source.

Production for the third season of Hannah Montana began last month and the network has the contractual option to film a fourth season in the future. Starting in November, new episodes will start airing including one in which Dancing with the Stars contestant Cody Linley will return as Miley's on-screen ex-boyfriend Jake Ryan.

"I'm really excited about our new season," Miley tells PEOPLE. "We are making great new episodes that I can't wait for our fans to see."

WDWFanatic
09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Kelly, you talking about Hillary Duff?

I'm kinda partial to Hillary. :thumbsup:

Yes...thank you! She does seem like a girl who has her head on straight.

Also if the rumors are false I feel bad for Miley. It is a lot for a young girl to handle.

thrillme
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
The only think I can think of should she want to quit is that she's just "tired". But she does owe Disney BIG TIME.

I really think in a few more years she's going to be too old for being Hanna Montana. I guess I just can't picture this character being 20-30 years old. Eventually she's going to have to branch out.

NotaGeek
09-22-2008, 09:59 PM
The only think I can think of should she want to quit is that she's just "tired". But she does owe Disney BIG TIME.

I really think in a few more years she's going to be too old for being Hanna Montana. I guess I just can't picture this character being 20-30 years old. Eventually she's going to have to branch out.

She owes Disney? She is an employee doing her job ... they chose her and have cashed in on her likability and "talent" ... I think Disney will be more than happy to find another 'tween IT girl in a year and Miley will be down the road of all other 'tween stars, spending her money frivolously and looking for more work in Hollywood. Disney has more than gotten their money's worth and Miley is just grown up and obviously making choices the world doesn't agree with.

PirateLover
09-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I think what's getting lost in this little debate is that she is under CONTRACT. It bothers me when stars don't honor their contract. True, often the contracts are more favorable to the business end, but still, you signed your name to a piece of paper. I don't think she necessarily owes it to Disney as she does to her fans who really made her what she is. I think she'll find that if she completely ditches Hannah Montana and tries to be a star on Miley Cyrus alone, her star will fade rather quickly. Although her songs are catchy, she really is not that talented vocally. It's her spunk and personality that comes through on the show that sets her apart.

pink
09-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I hope she doesn't turn to bite the hand that fed her. :mickey:

NotaGeek
09-23-2008, 02:38 AM
I think what's getting lost in this little debate is that she is under CONTRACT. It bothers me when stars don't honor their contract.

Do you know what the terms of her contract are? I haven't ever seen that publicly, just wondering if you have seen it somewhere? It would be interesting to see what terms she may or may not be living up to.

PirateLover
09-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Do you know what the terms of her contract are? I haven't ever seen that publicly, just wondering if you have seen it somewhere? It would be interesting to see what terms she may or may not be living up to.

I was simply referencing the rumor in the original post that she has 24 shows left to do, and she only wants to do 12.