PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point vs Narcoossees

mickey&missy
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm wondering which you would choose?!

I'm trying to decide where DH and I will eat during our 10h anniversary trip in March. All the of the places we're eating are new to us Kona, Le Cellier, Cali Grill. We are staying for 4 nights so I'm looking for 1 more good place. Originally I was going to go with Narcoossees but that I thought we'd like to go to Artist Point because we love WL. I just read a very much less then stunning review of Artist Point so I'm wondering again...

Any advice and/or experience would be most helpful! DH isn't exactly the most adventurous diner in the world. He was raised irish meat and potatoes! But, he loves seafood of most kinds. I'm willing to try most things.

Thanks!!

SurferStitch
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Narcoossee's is our favorite restaurant on property. We NEVER miss it. In fact, in May we ate there twice during a 7 day trip, and are dining there twice next month during our 13 day trip. The food and service are absolutely top notch. It's a must-do for us.

We may give Artist Point a shot sometime. Just hasn't been a priority for us yet.

ibrowse17
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
We really enjoy both, but I think AP has the better atmosphere for what you want for that type of dinner. Narcs is a great place, but can be a very busy and loud place. AP is much more laid back and romantic, even more so if you can get a corner table that looks out over the waterfall:thumbsup:

hardingella
09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Artsist Point for us made our holiday complete. We started off having cocktails outside by the lake. It was a grown up night out even though we took the kids. The service was second to none,they realy know their stuff. the Matre D came over and chatted to us. Recommended wine and port that was out of this world. Infact ive kept the cork as a momento.

P:thumbsup:ssibly the best meal we have had there.

SurferStitch
09-23-2008, 06:49 AM
Okay....after my post yesterday I asked DH if he wanted to try AP next month. I got a resounding "yeah, sure", so I booked it. Like I said...it's never been a priority for us.

I canceled our Fulton's ressie (we'll do a lunch there instead), and booked AP. Luckily there were plenty of times available, so it was easy to switch. Good thing, too......I wasn't about to give up either of our Narc ressies! ;)

There aren't too many choices with the appetizers that are worthwhile to us (don't like duck or venison, mussels or beets, but I love mushroom soup and cheese), but the main courses look good. I won't pay $40 for salmon, but the scallops sound delicious. I know DH will love the beef tenderloin or the buffalo steak. Desserts also look wonderful. So, we are looking forward to trying it out.

mouseketeer mom
09-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Melissa,
I haven't eaten at Artist Point, we are trying it for the first time during our Thanksgiving trip. We did go to Narcoosees in August for the first time and it was an EXPERIENCE. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. We had personalized menus which I didn't even request. Our server was amazing. The food spectacular. The setting divine. We had a window seat and how beautiful it was to sit on the lake and watch the nighttime come to life at the MK. The lake shimmered, the boats were so pretty. Everything, was top notch. I have nothing negative to say about Narcoosees. Except..I can't believe we didn't try it sooner. It was tremendous.

VWL Mom
09-23-2008, 08:48 AM
We love the ambiance, food, and wine selections at Artist Point. At my kids request, we actually have 2 late ADR's for our November trip. They are salmon fanatics! DS13 could probably do his own review "Salmon Dining at Disney".

As others have said, the Cedar Plank Salmon is outstanding. In years past, they did offer a complete dinner for $59 which included app, entree, and dessert. Not sure if they still have it.

We tried Fultons last year and found it terribly disappointing. The meals were watery, service was slow. It seemed as if they par-boil or poach the fish and then warm it up as it is ordered. Granted it was crowded and was a late, but for the price we will not return.

SurferStitch
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
As others have said, the Cedar Plank Salmon is outstanding. In years past, they did offer a complete dinner for $59 which included app, entree, and dessert. Not sure if they still have it.

We tried Fultons last year and found it terribly disappointing. The meals were watery, service was slow. It seemed as if they par-boil or poach the fish and then warm it up as it is ordered. Granted it was crowded and was a late, but for the price we will not return.

I'm sure the salmon is great, but I can get much more interesting and delicious seafood for the same price at WDW and at home. I like salmon, but I don't love it enough to pay $40. Also, the combo meal does not appear to include the salmon anymore (based on the menu here on Intercot). I'm really looking forward to the scallops!

I'm sorry you didn't like Fulton's. We've always had amazing food and top notch service there. Very fresh seafood and some of the very best lobster and crab I've ever had anywhere. I will miss having dinner there, and hope that AP will make up for it. We will still be sure to have a lunch there, though. Maybe we can even sneak in when we arrive in Orlando the night before our vacation starts!

mickey&missy
09-23-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry you didn't like Fulton's. We've always had amazing food and top notch service there. Very fresh seafood and some of the very best lobster and crab I've ever had anywhere. I will miss having dinner there, and hope that AP will make up for it. We will still be sure to have a lunch there, though. Maybe we can even sneak in when we arrive in Orlando the night before our vacation starts!

We had an amazing dinner at Fulton's on our trip in March!! It was absolutely delicous!! DH had the Lobster Naraganset, it's a lobster that has been opened and stuffed, he said it was the best lobster he's ever had. I had the crab leg and lobster tail. It was outstanding! Cooked to perfection and sooooo fresh! We had calamari and shrimp cocktail for appetizers. I'm not big on calamari, but it was excellent! The service was top notch! I asked DH if he wanted to go there again, he said we should do all new places.

I still can't decide!!! I'm going to print the menu for both and show them to DH for his help!!

Thanks everyone!!

Aggie97
09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Narcoossee's always has been one of our favorite WDW restaurants. We celebrated our 10th anniversary there in February, and it was fantastic -- delicious food and drinks, fabulous service, and a wonderful view of the MK castle and fireworks. In addition, they gave us special anniversary menus, we were seated at the center window of the restaurant, and our dessert plate had "Happy Anniversary" written on it in chocolate. If you decide to dine there, try to time it around the MK fireworks -- they pipe in the music out on the veranda, and the view is beautiful. Wherever you go, have a great time! :mickey:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Artist Point!!!:thumbsup: My husband and I love it there. We've been there many times and this year we're going back for some more on November 24th. We'll be celebrating our 11 year anniversary. The beef tenderloin and scallops are top notch. The elk appetizer is very good and the berry cobbler is AMAZING, don't pass that up.

Next trip: 11/24th thru 12/5 at the POP:turkey::santa:

SurferStitch
09-24-2008, 06:44 AM
We had an amazing dinner at Fulton's on our trip in March!! It was absolutely delicous!! DH had the Lobster Naraganset, it's a lobster that has been opened and stuffed, he said it was the best lobster he's ever had.

I've had the lobster Naraganset, too. And yes, it was one of the best lobster dishes I've ever had. The shrimp, scallop and spinach stuffing was divine.

SurferStitch
09-24-2008, 06:48 AM
The elk appetizer is very good and the berry cobbler is AMAZING, don't pass that up.

Yo, SULLEY RULES!! :here: Getting psyched for your trip?

Does anyone know if they still have the elk appetizer? It's not on the menu here on Intercot. I'd like to try if if they do.

VWL Mom
09-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know if they still have the elk appetizer? It's not on the menu here on Intercot. I'd like to try if if they do.

I checked on a newer menu from 2/08 and don't see the Elk either. Hope it's a new addition, definately sounds like something DH would try!

I've had the lobster Naraganset, too. And yes, it was one of the best lobster dishes I've ever had. The shrimp, scallop and spinach stuffing was divine.

Now I'm thinking maybe we just ordered the wrong thing. Am going to try to get ADR on our DTD night and go for the Lobster. Thanks.

Jen C.
09-24-2008, 09:08 AM
We LOVED Narcoosee's for our anniversary trip, but think it will be more "quiet" at AP. You may want to consider Yachtsman Steakhouse. We had THE BEST meal there last week. Just a thought, but wither way...Happy Anniversary! :)

c&d
09-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Artist Point for us is a must eat on every trip now. The food and service has always been excellent. I can't wait until April when we're back down.

DS is concerned now because he's 10 and won't be able to have the puzzle dessert on the kids menu. It's tough getting old. :D

jgt
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
If I were you I would opt for Tutto Italia! It's only been open a year and the food and service is impeccable. Better than any other Disney restaurant---I've eaten at them all! The atmosphere is fabulous as well.

PlutoPlanet
09-24-2008, 12:10 PM
We eat at Le Cellier every year. The steaks are excellent. The New York Strip steaks are 14 oz. for dinner. It has always been cooked just the way we like it. Make ADRs for this one.

Crow
09-24-2008, 12:37 PM
few wks ago & ate at both Narcoosees & AP.
AP has been a fav for yrs, first time for Narcoosees.
N was good, nice view. you do have to walk down to it from the main resort a few steps as its by the water. the server was ok....not bad.
i used 2 TS credits on the dining plan & DDE 20% for the alcohol & app. surf & turf. not sure that I will go back though.
AP is in WL which is a fav resort. i like the theming of WL a lot more than GF.
the mushroom soup is great. Ive had diff things from salmon to buffalo to beef there. the service was good. Territory Lounge is right beside it for drinks premeal.
AP gets my vote

maxrebo77
09-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Narcoosee, no question.
Not being a big pink fish eater in these of everyone trying to shove salmon down your throught, I try free range chicken at AP. Apparently free range means starving and easy to catch. Never again.

EmISeeKayEeWhy
09-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Both are good IMHO,
It just depends what you like or in the mood for.
AP is more rustic/gamey and Narcs is more cape coddish emphasis on seafood.
You really can't go wrong with either.

jrkcr
09-24-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll be trying AP for the first time on November 22! :eat:

AP and Boma are the two restaurants I am most looking forward to trying on this trip.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Yo, SULLEY RULES!! :here: Getting psyched for your trip?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! DH and I are getting very excited for our trip. 8 weeks to go and counting. You have two, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. Talk to you soon. Say Hi to DH for us.:mickey:

The elk appetizer was there two years ago. You never know, they may have it. Check to see if the menus are updated. It was a great appetizer.

cmshelton1979
09-25-2008, 11:52 AM
AP was probably my favorite place to eat when me and DW were at disney for our honeymoon. The whole experience was great!!! Food was very good and the service was A-1!!!

Natazu
09-27-2008, 01:37 AM
There's no wrong answer to this question. You gotta go with which menu appeals to you most.

Artist Point (Signature Service) ☺☺☺☺
Cedar Plank Salmon is the order of the day here. Actually, it’s the order of the decade. If you can be known for something, AP is known for the salmon, consistently wonderful. Don’t despair if the salmon doesn’t rock your boat, there are three hot and three cold appetizers competing for your early palate and a moderately eclectic list of entrées ready to take your mind off salmon should you choose. Where I get lost at AP is the dessert tray. Nothing wows me on the dessert list. The desserts here seem to be an afterthought. It’s a shame that such great meals have to end with a thrown together cobbler or lackluster panna cotta.

Narcoossee's (Signature Service) ☺☺☺☺
The last of the surf-n-turf venues accepting the dining plan, don’t let that novelty lull you into thinking this place is anything short of spectacular. Offering the best seafood chowder I’ve ever tasted, the seafood-centric menu teems with exciting culinary delights. Give a try to inspired crab cakes, perfectly grilled scallops, or one of the best salmon dishes on property. And for the sweet tooth, there are a lot of places at Disney cranking out crème brûlée but Narcoossee’s Key Lime Crème Brûlée far outshines the rest.