PDA

View Full Version : DVC discounted AP tickets

Sunshine1010
09-22-2008, 11:14 AM
If I go to the ticket booth at any park, can I get a discounted DVC AP pass?

I have 3, 1 day base tickets. Can I apply those to the purchase? If so, do they do it at the ticket booth? Has any of you done this before? What is the procedure? (I know I am supposed to bring my photo ID and membership card)

I have 92.00 on my Rewards card. Am I allowed to have this go to my AP purchase as well?

DizneyRox
09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
1. Guest Relations can do the DVC discounted AP.

2. You can upgrade ONE TICKET for ONE TICKET. So, if you need ONE Annual pass, you will be able to apply the value of ONE of the single day passes.

3. Yes, you can use Disney Rewards for ticket purchases (or part of).

Sunshine1010
09-22-2008, 12:42 PM
So if I have 3 one-day base tickets, and I need to buy 3 AP's, then I can apply each one towards each AP.....correct?

Plus...I can use my Rewards card?....

WOW

DizneyRox
09-22-2008, 04:42 PM
So if I have 3 one-day base tickets, and I need to buy 3 AP's, then I can apply each one towards each AP.....correct?

Plus...I can use my Rewards card?....

WOW
That is the general rule for upgrading tickets. You are in effect upgrading the one day pass to an AP. It's a one for one, so three AP and three single day tickets should be good. Remember the DVC discount is ONLY available to members and people living in their house, so three DVC discounted APs will require three people with a DVC Member ID be present to activate them.

A Rewards Card is just another form of payment, so yes, you should be fine.

Sunshine1010
09-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Dizney Roz ---

Yes, all 3 are people who reside in the same household.

So, a few more questions:

----I am going to the resort first. I will be checking in and I'm assuming that each of our 1-day tickets will be on the room card. (I got the Free dining w/at least a 1-day base ticket promo). So do I bring those cards, my membership cards, all drivers licenses, my Rewards card ALL to the ticket booth outside of the parks?

----How would the ticket booth take off the day passes? Also, would that mess up my original room card (meaning...would I have to go back and get another card)....

Make sense?

DizneyRox
09-23-2008, 07:13 AM
I would assume that they will put the Annual Passes onto your room cards, but maybe not. You will need your tickets (or room card if they are on that), photo ID, DVC membership card(s), rewards card(s) and some other form of payment if it's not totally paid off by the rewards card.

LebelJD
09-28-2008, 04:44 PM
I have had APs for several years and they have never been on a room key. I don't think it's an option since you cannot get your AP at the hotel. I wish they were because the plastic keys are much more durable than the paper ticket you get instead.

LoriSan
09-29-2008, 03:19 PM
I just did this a few days ago. The AP will be issued on a paper ticket and you will still have the card for your room key, dining, room charges, etc.

I asked why an AP is on a flimsy paper card and everything else is on a nice card. They said that the room key cards get de-magnetized very quickly, much easier then the paper tickets.

Maleficent's Dad
09-29-2008, 03:59 PM
You can - or at least you used to be able to - have your AP put on your room key.

Bring your activated AP to the front desk and tell them you want this done.
They'll combine the AP to your room key.

When leaving, don't forget your AP is on that key!!!

(This service was available as of last year, we didn't put AP's on the room key during more recent visits because we don't really have the need to do so. It is a personal preference. So I'm not 100% certain they can still do so.)

So Yes, it can be done!

thumperbug
09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Its funny that the comment was made that the plastic cards get demagnitized...the paper annual passes have one too and we sometimes had trouble getting them to register when going thru gates or fast pass...and trust me...we treated them like gold.