PDA

View Full Version : Family Crest at Epcot??

poohbearkris
09-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I think I read somewhere that you can look up your family crest at Epcot. Can anybody tell me where you do this?? THanks.
Krist

Zone Stop
09-22-2008, 10:15 AM
In the UK Pavilion, the buildings on the non-lagoon side of the path, back towards the tea gardens... hopefully someone else can produce a name ;)

Imagineer1981
09-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I didn't know this? is it like kiosk?

KylesMom
09-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I believe the shop in the UK is called "Crown and Crest". There is also a shop in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom (Heritage House) where you can look up your family name/crest. We've always contemplated purchasing the drawing, but it is quite costly to do so. :mickey:

CosmicRay
09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
On our anniversary we went to UK and bought our family name origin. And DH's (and my new married name) family crest. A CM at the shop will get our info and print out . I think for both family names and our family crest the total was about $80. Now this was 12 years ago, so the price has probably gone up, but we thought it was worth the money and a great memory!

TheRustyScupper
09-22-2008, 02:12 PM
UK Pavilion
. . . face pavilion from main side walk
. . . look to Right side of UK alley
. . . walk into clothing shop
. . . walk through first section
. . . crests are on Right side of next room
. . . if you see the chess sets on the Left, you went 10-feet too far

Imagineer1981
09-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Is it worth it? I mean how do you know its accurate. Lets say your last name is Smith...do they just find the oldest "smith" in the book and give you that crest? It may not even be close to correct.

Dyanna
09-23-2008, 12:00 PM
DH & I got the name crest at Heritage House in the MK in 2007. Had it ordered, framed & mailed to the house. It was costly & did take a while but we got it & it looks beautiful.

Insanity Clause
09-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Is it worth it? I mean how do you know its accurate. Lets say your last name is Smith...do they just find the oldest "smith" in the book and give you that crest? It may not even be close to correct.

I saw the one they had for my mothers side of the family and it was accurate. I saw pictures of it years ago and it match what we had.

AHOTE
09-24-2008, 01:50 AM

I would caution anyone looking into the purchase of "your family crest or coat of arms" to research the surname before you purchase. I've been doing my family genealogy now for 35+ years so I know my ancestry pretty well. I had a look up done in the UK pavilion. I was surprised to find a family crest as one was never issued to any one of my ancestors but more surprised to find that my surname was, according to them, Italian, and that the first ancestor to arrive in the US got here in 1862. The only problem is my surname is French, my 10th great grandparents arrived in the colonies from Chigwell, Essex Co, England in 1644 and settled in St. Georges Parish MD. For me all the information was wrong on all counts and way off base. Sorry to get long winded but there's a lot to this whole topic. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you a link to an article on Family Crests or Coat of Arms.

poohbearkris
09-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the information, I will check it out.
Kris