PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else apply to be on the Disney Moms panel?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
09-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I applied to be one of the Disney dads on the panel. I turned in my three responses, but haven't heard anything. Has anybody gotten response from Disney other than the initial canned email?

sassy2000
09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
When I applied last year I got a reply in November stating I wasn't selected. It states in the application info that due to large volume of applicants you may not receive any response. They don't select the Moms until the 1st part of Nov so keep your fingers crossed until then.:fingers:

Sassy2000

ILoveLegos
09-21-2008, 09:27 PM
I searched google for the time frame from last year's contest (which may not have any bearing on this year's contest), but the calls were made to the semi finalist on or about Oct. 17, 2007. This gave the sponsers approximately 4 weeks to sift through the entries to choose the "second rounders". This year they have doubled the amount of eligible entries and "added" four more slots to the panel. Hopefully they also doubled the number of judges and they can keep that same schedule - but who knows for sure?
Last year the people who made it to the second round started posting their good news to a certain other board on the internet. You might want to google "2009 Mom's Panel" and add it to your favorites, so you can keep yourself in the loop - as far as this year's winner's information goes. That's what I've done in the past. Hope this helps.

Jenemmy
09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
I searched google for the time frame from last year's contest (which may not have any bearing on this year's contest), but the calls were made to the semi finalist on or about Oct. 17, 2007. This gave the sponsers approximately 4 weeks to sift through the entries to choose the "second rounders". This year they have doubled the amount of eligible entries and "added" four more slots to the panel. Hopefully they also doubled the number of judges and they can keep that same schedule - but who knows for sure?
Last year the people who made it to the second round started posting their good news to a certain other board on the internet. You might want to google "2009 Mom's Panel" and add it to your favorites, so you can keep yourself in the loop - as far as this year's winner's information goes. That's what I've done in the past. Hope this helps.

LOL -- I did the same homework as you did! I was thinking I probably had about 3 more weeks until I got notice that they didn't want me again!:cool:

Disney Doll
09-22-2008, 12:45 PM
No news here either. I'd be pretty surprised if I were actually selected, but it's fun to think about.

Laughin' place
09-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I applied to be a Disney Dad. The one Dad last year was from IL (as am I). I wonder if that hurts my chances ?:confused:

ElenitaB
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Good luck to all of you who applied this year! Several of us applied the first year around but didn't make it. We did, however, receive a nice little package in the mail several months later as a "consolation" prize.

BTW, those moms have nothing on the knowledge base that we have over here at INTERCOT!
:rocks:

SAHDad
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM
I applied as well. Despite the increase of four more slots, I doubt there will be more than one Dad though, but hopefully it will be one of us.

Minnie Imagineer
09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm kind of confused...what is this moms/dads panel?

KineGirl
09-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Good luck to all of you who applied this year! Several of us applied the first year around but didn't make it. We did, however, receive a nice little package in the mail several months later as a "consolation" prize.

BTW, those moms have nothing on the knowledge base that we have over here at INTERCOT!
:rocks:

Agreed!

I loved the Moms Panel pkg I got though! Maybe there will be another pkg this year? It doesnt hurt to hope!

RockChalkKimball
09-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Darn!! How did I miss the applications?? I applied last year and of course did not get picked. I get the emails from the Moms Club, but did not get one saying they were taking applications again. Darn! I was looking forward to trying again.

fanofdisney
09-27-2008, 11:47 AM
I applied too. It can't hurt right? Last time I was totally crushed now I figure if it's meant to be then it will work out if not well that's fine too. Best of luck to all of you who applied and keep us posted. It would be so cool if someone from Intercot was chosen:joy::thumbsup::clappy::rocks:

iDisney
09-28-2008, 01:05 AM
I am not a mom or a dad so I didn't apply. What I would like to know is why they don't call it the Parent's Panel and allow and equal number of moms and dads.

ILoveLegos
09-28-2008, 12:38 PM
I am not a mom or a dad so I didn't apply. What I would like to know is why they don't call it the Parent's Panel and allow and equal number of moms and dads.

Neither am I, but I plan all of my extended family's vacations to Disney, I have been to Disney about 45 times in 15 years and I have first hand knowledge about many park related subjects (but I'm also still learning new stuff too). I decided to apply again this year because I figured that I'd let Disney reject me - instead of the other way around (besides you never know maybe they'll want a more diverse group this year). Maybe "Disney Planner's Club" would be a better name in the future and then anyone who ever planned a trip to Disney would feel more welcome to apply for a spot on the panel. So if we're given the opportunity next year, why not put in an application, if just for the fun of dreamin' for a few weeks of becoming a member of the panel? Besides last year many applicants got a cool consolation package that was a nice surprise! :mickey: :thumbsup:

SAHDad
09-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Because it is presumed (and with some validity) that it is typically the mom who does most of the vacation planning.

iDisney
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Because it is presumed (and with some validity) that it is typically the mom who does most of the vacation planning.

I guess that makes sense. I still think they should change it though! ;)

Jenemmy
09-28-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm feeling all antsy about it this year! Last year, I went into it assuming I would never come close to making it and I was right. LOL. I know my chances are now even slimmer, but for some reason I am more anxious about it!

gmgdisneymom
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I applied as well - it would be alot of fun. I am going to disney on sat so I am glad that I will have something to hope for when i get back:)