PDA

View Full Version : Finishing Pop Century

Cinderelley
09-21-2008, 04:58 PM
So, I was cleaning my bathroom :mop: and needed something more pleasant to think about. The unfinished section of Pop Century popped into my mind, so I was thinking about what they would do with it. If they change it to the first half of this century, what kinds of things do you think they would put up there? I thought of funny things like hanging chads and serious things like pictures of the World Trade Center. What can you guys think of?

JPL
09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
The other half of Pop already has decades assigned to it 1900 thru 1940, the Golden Years.

Faver
09-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I hope they build the remainder of the resort, one day. I'm sure it will be great......

TheMartellFamily
09-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Maybe a family suites area? There are so many things they can do if they do decide to stay with 1900 to 1940 idea.

BronxTigger
09-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I think the current plans for it are to create family suites and use the original idea of the 1900s-1940s.

However, I think the OP of this thread was asking a hypothetical question of if they made one of the sections a 2000s decade, what would be the decor?

I'm having a hard time thinking of fun things that define this decade. It's been full of crises and nobody is thinking of nostalgia for this decade yet.

I think some objects that could be displayed would be TMX Elmo, the ipod, the Wii, the DS, the iphone, a leapfrog, etc. Most of the things that are popular are electronic gadgets.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-21-2008, 11:21 PM
There is a whole lot of talk and a bunch of nothing being done with those buildings.

At this point, it would cost them a lot more money to finish than to originally build since they've been untouched for the better part of 6 or 7 years, open and exposed to the elements with no maintenance or upkeep. Granted it's mostly just stone, but there would also be a lot of potential rotting at the dry wall and lots of little insects and friends inhabiting there.

Originally, it was planned to be the first part of the century. Hence the name, Pop Century. But then 9/11 and the cut in budgets and everything else caused them to put the remainder on hold. However, now if you think of it, the first half of the century isn't that great either. Two World Wars, the Great Depression, Women's Rights (sorry, it started well before the 60's and we got the right to vote in the 20's).

And I don't think this century is all that exciting and there isn't much to put over there yet because one, we're not even at a decade yet. Two, we don't look all that much different than the 90's. Three, we're pretty unimpressive in my eyes. Not nearly as entertaining as the other years.

Cinderelley
09-22-2008, 06:13 AM
However, I think the OP of this thread was asking a hypothetical question of if they made one of the sections a 2000s decade, what would be the decor?

I think some objects that could be displayed would be TMX Elmo, the ipod, the Wii, the DS, the iphone, a leapfrog, etc. Most of the things that are popular are electronic gadgets.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of .

The things you listed could be alot of fun. Can you imagine 40 years from now, taking grandkids there and letting them play with a Wii or DS, etc. out in the lobby while you check in. It would be like my kids getting a kick out of playing Pong now.

BigRedDad
09-22-2008, 07:50 AM
I have a feeling that they are going to demolish and build something new. I would venture to say they will be leaning towards Moderate or Deluxe accommodations. If they go Deluxe, they can add DVC. Also, if they went Deluxe, they could have the nicer restaurants, activities, and nightlife that would attract over 2000 additional people by making a connection with Pop. Imagine something like Boardwalk with the attraction of the number of people at POP. Lots of money the Mouse can finagle out of your wallet.

Belster
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Great posting! I was thinking of this the other day and also thought of them adding family suites. I guess I was not too far off. Fun stuff. :D