PDA

View Full Version : Flatbreads at Pop

pink
09-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm looking at the menu for the POP food court and since I have a VERY limited diet due to a stomach disorder, this looks like the only real thing I'll be able to eat.

Does anyone know how this is prepared and if it's good or not? Is it greasy at all?

Thank you. :mickey:

Strmchsr
09-21-2008, 04:41 PM
What I would suggest if you have problems with your diet is contact WDW dining. They are excellent at helping you find a good variety of things to eat. If needed the chef will even come out and discuss ingredients with you. They have been very helpful to us with DS8's diabetes.

KAT1811
09-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I know that Disney is great about assisting those with dining issues and does everything it can to help their guests. That being said the other value food courts have an area with sandwiches and the like so maybe you can find something a bit more accommodating there. Whenever you have a concern just approach a CM in the restaurant or food court and ask if there is anything they can do to help. It may take a bit longer but I am sure something will work out.

maxrebo77
09-24-2008, 05:42 PM
While I like staying at Pop, the food court leaves much to be desired. they tend to undercook.

Pop Centurion
09-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I had the Chicken Mediterranean flatbread. At first I didn't think I'd like it because the smell was very pungent from the cheese and olives. But it wasn't too bad. Not greasy at all and the ingredients were very fresh. I believe they cook them in a brick type oven.

As for the comment about food being undercooked. I've never experienced this problem. Once my girlfriend thought her parmesan crusted chicken wasn't done but when I looked at it, it was cooked through perfectly. She's just used to restaurants over cooking chicken and wasn't used to seeing it done right. :P

I've always had stomach problems but wow, you must have something serious going on if that's the only thing you think you can eat. What about the shrimp lo mein? The taste is a little bland but It's not spicy or anything. Just noodles, shrimp, and veggies.
Best of luck and I hope your stomach doesn't interfere with you having a great time. I know all to well how something like that can put a damper on your day.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-25-2008, 12:20 AM
I prefer the Ham and Havarti flatbread. It's amazing and I love it!

Also, they can serve you just plain pasta at Pop with no sauce or anything.

Marker
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Along with the flatbread options on the menu, they also have a daily "Chefs Choice". On Sunday I had the Cuban Flatbread and really enjoyed it.

pink
09-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes, I have a very strict diet. The smallest amount of the wrong ingredient puts me off. I appreciate the responses. I think I'll be ok. :mickey: