PDA

View Full Version : BWV Transportation

MILWDIANA
09-21-2008, 09:48 AM
We have been told the busses do not run as often at the BWV vs the values or moderates. We have never stayed at a deluxe resort before. Is this true?? Will there be a schedule at the resort so we have an idea of when to expect the busses???

Thanks!!

gmgdisneymom
09-21-2008, 10:36 AM
We stayed there in June and the buses were terrible - Honestly, I will never stay there again based on the bus issue

Seasonscraps
09-21-2008, 12:12 PM
The buses are a big negative for the BW.

I am not sure if they run less buses or if it seems like it since you often get stuck sharing the bus with all of the EPCOT resorts. It takes as long to do all the drop offs/pick ups as it does to get from the park to the EPCOT resort area.

As far as I know, there are no schedules.

Thankfully, 2 parks are walking distance and we use a car for the MK & AK.

Simba's Mom
09-21-2008, 12:36 PM
We have been told the busses do not run as often at the BWV vs the values or moderates. We have never stayed at a deluxe resort before. Is this true?? Will there be a schedule at the resort so we have an idea of when to expect the busses???

Thanks!!
Unfortunately there's no bus schedule at any resort-I really wish there was! I've stayed at BWV several times and never had a problem waiting a long time for the buses-in my experiences, BWV is one of the better resorts for transportation. On the other hand, many people think AKL has a good bus schedule, but I've had poor experience, waiting a long time for buses there. I guess it's pretty much luck. Or if you can figure out a way to tell, let me know!

MILWDIANA
09-21-2008, 01:00 PM
How long does it usually take to go from BWV to the Magic Kingdom???? Does anyone know approx when the busses start in the morning????

Maleficent's Dad
09-21-2008, 06:36 PM
I've stayed at the BWV countless times. And like every other resort, the bus service is usually fine. There are, like all resorts, some glitches in the system.

There are some buses at the BW that are shared:
BW to MK: Bus picks up at BW, then heads to Swan and Dolphin, then to MK. Ride home, BW is the first stop.
BW to AK: Bus picks up at BW, then heads to Swan and Dolphin, then to AK. Enroute back is a major hassle. (And I don't complain too often about the buses.) The bus for the BW goes like this: P/U at AK, head to Blizzard Beach, then to Swan, then to Dolphin, then to YC, then to BC, then to BW. It's the only really long ride... and it stinks. :mad:

To DHS and EPCOT, you can walk (best option IMO) or take the very slow Friendship launches (boats).

The buses in the mornings are plentiful and we've never waited long when heading out - and I mean ever! We've been staying at the BW for 10+ years at least once annually.

The buses returning to the resort can be iffy.
The buses at night can be iffy.
But this has been our experience in every resort - not just the BW.

Maleficent's Dad
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
How long does it usually take to go from BWV to the Magic Kingdom???? Does anyone know approx when the busses start in the morning????
BWV to the MK takes between 15 & 20 minutes once you board the bus. You could have a 5-10 minute wait in the morning for a bus, but in the AM, it's rarely longer than that.

Buses at all resorts start at approximately the same time (I think it's like an hour before park opening, although I've seen buses running up to two hours early).

MILWDIANA
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
I've stayed at the BWV countless times. And like every other resort, the bus service is usually fine. There are, like all resorts, some glitches in the system.

There are some buses at the BW that are shared:
BW to MK: Bus picks up at BW, then heads to Swan and Dolphin, then to MK. Ride home, BW is the first stop.
BW to AK: Bus picks up at BW, then heads to Swan and Dolphin, then to AK. Enroute back is a major hassle. (And I don't complain too often about the buses.) The bus for the BW goes like this: P/U at AK, head to Blizzard Beach, then to Swan, then to Dolphin, then to YC, then to BC, then to BW. It's the only really long ride... and it stinks. :mad:

To DHS and EPCOT, you can walk (best option IMO) or take the very slow Friendship launches (boats).

The buses in the mornings are plentiful and we've never waited long when heading out - and I mean ever! We've been staying at the BW for 10+ years at least once annually.

The buses returning to the resort can be iffy.
The buses at night can be iffy.
But this has been our experience in every resort - not just the BW.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY AND REASSURANCE. :mickey:
WE PLAN ON GOING TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM FOR EMH AND JUST WANTED TO GET AN IDEA OF WHEN WE NEED TO GET OUR GROUP :grouphug: UP AND MOVING IN THE MORNING!! :alarm:

36 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: