PDA

View Full Version : Boma -- Good choice for kids??

lynnrapata
09-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Greetings!

I made a ressie for Boma for our upcoming trip. I thought it was a good idea at the time, but now I"m not so sure. Some family friends just came back from the World and ate there and said it was not good at all. He said the spices they used were unusual and were not tasty. I have a picky 8 year old and would hate to pay boku bucks for a meals he's not going to eat....How did you children fair there???

Any advice is welcome here.....:D

megustamex
09-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Boma is great for kids. They have one whole table that is just chicken fingers, mac and cheese, fries, and a few other dishes that fall into the category of kids american food. They also have prime rib if your kids like steak. There is such a good variety of food I can't imagine someone not liking something. None of the food is extremely spicy except a few of the soups. And there is no kid that won't go crazy for the dessert buffet! It is excellent. There are always tons of kids there as well.

Goofeygal
09-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Agree it is a great place for kids. We have eaten there three times and have LOVED each time. They have a super desert selection, and as said above a great selection of mac and cheese, chicken fingers and fries. There is something for everyone. Don't worry about it at all, except deciding when to go back.

DizneyRox
09-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I'll buck the trend on this one once again. While I'm a big fan of Boma, I find that unless you are an adventurous eater, it may not be the best place to be. Yes, as others have said, there is a fairly good kids fare section of the buffet line, but the value in that is almost non-existent. It basically turns a top notch table service mean into a counter service location. My advice would be to eat at the American Adventure over in Epcot if all you're going to do is sample the chicken fingers and mac and cheese.

But yes, theselection is there for picky eaters, it's just not a great use of a table service credit if you're on the DDP or even paying OOP for a buffet.

biodtl
09-21-2008, 06:34 PM
I love Boma! My kids enjoyed it, too. It was nice because they have the regular kid-friendly stuff, but being a buffet, I got them to try some new things, too. And of course, they loved the dessert.

Belle_0717
09-22-2008, 08:16 AM
DH and I were skeptical too but we took the chance. BOMA gave us an opportunity to try a little of everything and decide what we really liked. We then got back on line to get what we did like. We have taking the family in 26 days including DNephew who will be 2. He amazes me by what he likes every time I am with him. I do not doubt he will like the "traditional American fare" but I am sure I can get him to try some of Boma's signatures.

BTW - love the desserts!!!