PDA

View Full Version : POP vs French Quarter

mlj
09-20-2008, 10:38 PM
I enjoy Pop Century, but wanted to try a different resort. Have a few questions?

My biggest complaint with POP is the bus service. Always seems to be crowded and when you are at the parks it seems like it si the furthest place to walk when you exit the park in the evening.

I stayed at the French Quarter 7 years ago and it did not seem like the bus service was that bad. You were the first to be picked up and the first to be let off in the evening.

Can you compare the two? If the bus experience is similar, then I may want to just stay at POP and save some money.

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-20-2008, 11:17 PM
I was just there a week ago at POFQ and the bus service was great we never waited longer then 10 min for a bus and that was only like once most of the time it was 5 min or so. Even the bus to DTD was like a 5 min wait!!! I loved the POFQ!!! I was such a nice little resort!! Our room was only about a 1 min walk to the pool, food court and bus stops!!! Most of all there was an AWESOME hotub!! Something you will not find at POP! When we stayed at POP everything was such a hike to get to. It was too loud and the rooms were smaller then we liked. My only complaint about POFQ was the beds were a little too hard but luckily we brought a air mattress along!! Besides the hotub totally made up for it!!!!!

sndral
09-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Lilo, wonder if we were in the spa/hottub @ the same time?
Everyone says POFQ is such a small resort - but we were in bldg 7 and that's a bit of a hike. Our experiences with the buses were more like 20 min. waits and some went to POR and some didn't. A lot of the buses seemed to go to one of the water parks on route to a park. So, possible better bus service wouldn't sway me (note, I've not stayed in a value resort, tho.)
But, I loved the boat to downtown disney and would opt for POR/POFQ for that perk alone.
:boat:

tigger24601
09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
we stayed at french quarter last november and loved it. wasn't too far a walk to the buses but it was a little annoying not knowing if you were going straight to the parks or making pit stops at riverside or a water park. (yes people were going to water parks in november) we did love that we got a room on the river and could hop on the ferry to hit downtown. and at night it was fun to take walks and count how many bunnies we saw hopping around.

as for pop we will be staying there this november and are very excited. we try to do a different resort each time. so we'll see how it goes. i haven't heard anything horrible about it so it's all good.

Bethany0517
09-24-2008, 01:46 PM
I really really loved the the French Quarter. Their was 15 of us in our group and we were always able to get on the same bus together and only waited a very short time for the bus. I have never stayed at the Pop Century, so I can't compare. But the French Quarter was gorgeous and it was nice being able to take a ferry to and from Downtown Disney.