PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 6/13 Dining Reviews!!!

3AMommy
09-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Well, I finally have a moment to sit down and tell you all about the wonderful food we enjoyed during our week in WDW! We ate approx. $1100 worth of free food during our stay...amazing.

Well...
Day One: Tony's Townsquare Restaurant (MK): All the adults had the NY Strip steak. It was delicious! Perfectly cooked and the sauce was perfect! Our waiter was great. My youngest son asked for cheese pizza with no sauce (I know, I know) and the waiter said it might take longer to prepare it. Then our food came out about 7 - 8 minutes later. I had the tiramisu for dessert which I always love, my DH had the ice cream bomb which he loved but I didn't, my mom had the pistachio creme brulee which she and my son scarfed down in two seconds flat.

Day Two: Hoop Dee Doo Revue (WL):
The food, the service, and the seats were amazing. We were celebrating my son's 5th birthday and they made it so special. We ended up sitting in the very front tables right by the stage so that was cool! The ribs and fried chicken were just like home (awesome) and none of us could get enough mashed potatoes! Tip: try the sangria, you won't regret it!

Day Three: San Angel Inn (Epcot):
My mom had the Pollo a las Rajas (chicken with onions and peppers with a cream sauce). It was delicious! My DH and I both got the Filete Motuleno (steak with black beans, cheese, peppers and fried plantain). It was fantastic! My only complaint is that my meal needed a little salt and there are not s & p containers on the tables. Also, we got sat right next to the wall that divides the shopping area from the dining area so we had a lot of people taking pictures over our shoulders. The waitress was nice, but not fantastic. She was training another girl and seemed a little overwhelmed. I would recommend this one though!

Day four: Hollywood & Vine (DHS):
The food here was fantastic. The service stunk. We had a group of six so the gratuity was already added into the check. I have to say this was the only time I didn't want to pay the tip. Our server was inattentive and we had to ask several times for drink refills. Not terrible, but definitely not Disney standard. I would recommend this for the food though. It was awesome having so much variety to try!

Day Five: Liberty Tree Tavern: Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite (MK): This was during a MNNSHP so the characters were all in costume. If you like Thanksgiving dinner you'll love this place. My son ate his body weight in the stuffing! The beef was fantastic! The mac'n'cheese was terrible. Even the baby didn't like it. It's supposed to be Stouffer's but it didn't taste like it to us. The server was awesome though and the whole evening was wonderful!

Over all you can see the food and service was marvelous!!! We can't wait to go back and try more places!!!

Happy Dining!

3AMommy

the other micki
09-20-2008, 10:55 PM
So glad you enjoyed your meals! Sounds like you had a great time! We'll be trying San Angel this coming trip. We really like LTT on our last trip, too!

tinkerbell04
09-21-2008, 09:23 AM
I am so glad that you enjoyed your meals. Thanks for sharing the reveiws with us!:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the review! :smickey:

Ropachs
09-21-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed almost everything! We're going to Tony's next month, and I'm so happy to hear any good reviews from there!

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the reviews!!! We loved San Angel too! We tried it for the first time in August, and will definitley go back! Thanks again!