PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary suggestions

tracibell
09-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Greetings Intercot Board!

DH and I are going to WDW in May of 2009. We will be celebrating our fifth anniversary during our stay. We would like to plan a very special dinner that evening but there are so many choices. Since we have not been to quite a few of the nice restaurants available at Disney I thought I would ask for the expert opinions of the Intercot Board. :D I know this is extremely far in advance, but the sooner I start poking DH about where he wants to go the better. Lol.

Thanks in advance for all of your wonderful suggestions. :fworks::thanks:

disney100%
09-20-2008, 04:23 PM
My DH and I used to always go to California Grill. But, on our trip 2 years ago we decided to try Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge. We had a nice quiet boat ride from MK to WL (nice way to start the night - my parents were watching our son). Our dinner at Artist Point was absolutely the best we have had on Disney property. We loved the setting, the food and the service. I was pregnant at the time, so I didn't try the wines but my DH enjoyed them.

Favorite Dishes:
Appetizer - Smoked Portobello Soup (I think I could have just had ten bowls of this)
Entree - Cedar Plank Salmon and Buffalo (we both loved both dishes)
Dessert - Berry Cobbler and my DH had something I can't remember right now, but we both loved our desserts

Congratulations on 5 years - what a great way to celebrate!

Simba's Mom
09-21-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm also a big fan of Artist Point for anniversaries. When we celebrated our 25th there last year, they gave us personnalized menus and a table with a gorgeous view. The service throughout the meal was excellent. Highly recommend it!

tracibell
09-21-2008, 01:40 PM
That sounds wonderful. Thank you so much for the advice!

I'm glad you both had such a magical experience. :cloud9:

KAT1811
09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I personally love California Grill, the atmosphere cannot be beat, there are windows all over the restaurant that give you the most spectacular views of the World. The service is fabulous and the food is wonderful too. If you have time arrive a bit early and have a drink in the lounge an just take in the views. Try to get reservations on a night that they are showing Wishes and you can go out onto the observation deck to see them.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.:thumbsup: The husband and I are celebrating our 11 year annivesary there on 11/24( a belated anniv. trip ) actual anniv. in October

11/24 thru 12/5 at the POP

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
We tried Artist Point on our honeymoon and it was okay. Not as good as I had anticipated. We are celebrating our 5th anniversary (a little late due to a friends wedding) and we'll be trying Flying Fish, Narcoossee's and Cali Grill. I'll let you know at the end of next month which one I enjoyed the most.

pamickeys
09-24-2008, 08:02 PM
If you are looking for a nice, quiet and romantic dinner for two then go to Shula's @ Dolphin. Primo!! We have been to every restaurant mentioned so far in this post and they are all nice but they don't top Shula's. You can check out their menu prices on line before you go, they are a little more expensive than everybody else but if you want to celebrate in style then that's the place to go. Our anniversay is during our spring trip and we make a special effort to have an anniversay dinner like you want. The next place on our list to try is Todd English's Bluezoo. Have a great trip!

faline
09-24-2008, 08:10 PM
For a really special celebration, head to Victoria and Albert's.