PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

mshomeschoolmom
09-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Does everybody dress up for the MNSSHP? We are thinking about doing this the week we are at WDW but we don't have costumes. If I can find some costumes that are not to expensive for my DD's I may bring theirs to wear but DH and myself have never bought a costume. So if we don't dress up will we be the only ones?

faline
09-20-2008, 03:02 PM
You'll find a whole mixture of folks - some are dressed up; some are not! We went to the party a couple of weeks ago and, though we had costumes with us, opted not to wear them that night. We certainly were not out of place.

I do encourage wearing costumes, though, as it really adds to the party experience!

LauraleeH
09-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I have only dressed up once...it was fun but I won't dress up again until I have my own family and take them ;)
Either way, the party is fabulous! :thumbsup:

deedeebee
09-20-2008, 05:12 PM
We were there on the 12th, my kids and husband dressed up, I didn't. We all had fun. There were lots of people not dressed up, everyone had fun! Remember they have free face painting, maybe that will help with the costumes!:mpumpkin:

3AMommy
09-20-2008, 07:39 PM
When we went last week we did dress up but there were many who did. But there were a lot of people who wore what I would call Halloween Chic. They had halloween tshirts or hats. Lots of purple, orange, green, and black. Lots of glow in the dark items. Lots of fun hats.

If you are going to be on property before going to the party you will see many shops that offer Halloween mouse ears, shirts, accessories and more.

The important thing to remember is...have FUN!!!

3AMommy

Tinksalot
09-20-2008, 08:10 PM
We all dressed-up last year, but the evening was so warm I was sorry that I did. Next time I will just wear a Halloween shirt.

Renfairwedding
09-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Not anyone could tell by my name...... My wife and I have all the Renfaire garb. Of coarse toned down for Disney standards ( My wife did not were her bodice).

We have been to Disney for the past few years for the Not so Scary Party and every time dressed in garb with some pirate flair. We had so much fun interacting with others. One kid thought I was Shrek. ( all I needed was green skin and the kid would have not been far off.

I found the people who dressed to be much more laid back having a great time. That includes the "Halloween Chic". No matter what, dressed in costume or not its a real fun night.

Just be warned.... The temp. can vary and has for us over the years. The first time it was cold and the second hot. So be prepared.
:pirate:

I have some fun photos but the board won't let me up load.... if you would like to see IM me... (all rated G, don't worry) :cool:

Pirate Granny
09-20-2008, 09:37 PM
I'll be there on the 28th in Fairy wings and a crown...otherwise, normal disney fun wear.
:pirate:

TheWizofDiz
09-20-2008, 11:15 PM
We have gone the past eight years and find it is a real mixed bag when it comes to dressing up or not. I would have to say most of the kids 12-under do dress up and probably 1/3 of the adults dress up. We have dressed up from Captain Hook, Tinker Bell, Peter Pan to Kings and Queens and Knights and that whole bit. It is always great fun to dress up, but I must admit if you go earlier in the season (Sept early Oct parties) it can get quite hot & humid and if your costumes are heavy, you will suffer!
Also, remember that if you plan on riding certain attractions, your costumes should give you easy access on and off the rides for safety reasons...have fun!:pumpkin::blackcat::frank:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Not anyone could tell by my name...... My wife and I have all the Renfaire garb. Of coarse toned down for Disney standards ( My wife did not were her bodice).

You know, I'm sure it would have been fine because I've seen other Renaissance garb there, complete with bodice and no one said anything. If anyone had said anything, I would reply "At least mine is historically accurate, unlike the very inappropriate costumes some of the young girls are wearing here."