PDA

View Full Version : What to do on Oct 31?

sandeecheeks
09-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Does anyone have suggestions about what to do on Halloween night? We went to MNSSHP a couple of years ago, and while it was fantastic I am not willing to "brave the crowds" on this night. Oct 31 is our first full day in Disney so we will all be excited about going to a park. I was thinking about going to Epcot (it is evening EMH). Will Epcot be manageable because of the party at MK? Or extra busy because of Halloween? Do the other parks do anything special on Halloween night? Do people dress up? The kids are 8 & 10 so they still enjoy the Halloween thing. :blackcat:

Momof2boys
09-20-2008, 02:48 PM
We have boys ages 8 & 10 - we are using Oct 31 as an 'off' day from the parks. We are doing MNSSHP on another night as well.

I know Downtown Disney as well as some of the resorts (and possibly the Boardwalk) does Trick or Treating. We'll probably spend the night at DTD.

Flower
09-20-2008, 03:05 PM
DTD gives out candy, but it is VERY crowded on Halloween!

wdwfan
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
We went couple years ago and we went to Epcot. The Food & Wine festival was going on and the park was empty!!!

doodleboy
09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
We have been to MNSSHP the last two years running. Last year we went to a sold out party on Oct. 31, and I did not find it to be oversold at all. In fact I did not think that there were many people there at all until the parade when everyone gathers along the route and I wondered where everyone was hiding previous to that. It is my understanding that every resort does something and give out candy. You should ask your resort specifically what they are doing. No matter where you are it is a fun night to be in WDW.

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm new to the site so I don't wany to offend anyone, but we were there last year as well on Oct 31...and maybe it was just the fact that we had our SEVEN kids in tow, but I thought it was extremely crowded. Even so, I have to admit, the rides we not that crowded as most guests were madly going for candy collecting.

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
As for something different...

http://tinyurl.com/y9cgj7

Watch the intro...lol
Well it IS different.