PDA

View Full Version : No T-Rex reservation

DisneyMiMi
09-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I just talked to ADR and they said they will NOT be taking reservations for the TRex restaurant in DTD. I was told it will strictly be through the restaurant it self. She gave me the website for TRex but no new info is listed.

3AMommy
09-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I live in Kansas City where the first T-Rex cafe is. We have been a couple of times but I wouldn't recommend it.

The food is exactly like Rainforest Cafes (they are owned by the same corp.) all they did it rename most of it.

They kids meals are the same as everywhere else in the world: cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, etc.

The ambiance is awesome though. If it is going to be the same as ours then I would recommend just going in to shop and have the experience. You can even tour the restaurant without dining.

Ours has a dino dig area, with computers and a mining area. These are all extra charges (of course). It also has a Build-a-Dino area sponsored by Build-A-Bear which is cool but can get pricey in a hurry. Then, of course, all the animatronics like Dexter the T-Rex who roars and moves his head. There is also a "meteor shower" ever 1/2 hour that involves load noises like thunder.

I kind of sound like a downer for this restaurant. Sorry about that. My two boys are dinosaur CRAZY. They thought it was cool to see, but they didn't like any of the food.

Well, I hope this helps anyway. I am sure it will be busy when it opens. Ours had a two to three hour wait time when it first opened. Keep checking at their website for more Orlando info...

3AMommy

SurferStitch
09-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Since DH and I love the food at RFC, I'm glad that the T-rex will have similar food. We've always had very good food and service at every RFC we've ever eaten at.

I can't wait to try it next month!