PDA

View Full Version : ADRs neccessary?

newcarsmell
09-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm going down Oct 30th and wanted to try breakfasts at Boma and Grand Floridian Cafe - early, around 7:30. Do you think reservations are needed? I'd like to keep my schedule open if possible but don't want to be shut out.

henry.james.s
09-19-2008, 06:50 PM
I've NEVER had a problem at either location @ 7:30 with no ADR. They'll seat you after the people with ADR's but that early there's only a few.

Strmchsr
09-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Better be safe than sorry. Get an ADR or you take the risk of not getting in. Especially right around Halloween.

thrillme
09-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Unfortunately resturants book up unlike they used to. I'd say if it's a place you really want to be at...make an ADR. It may not be the "time" you want but...get one. Go at the time you want and try to get in. If you can't then you'll have something to fall back on.

KAT1811
09-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Better be safe than sorry. Get an ADR or you take the risk of not getting in. Especially right around Halloween.

:ditto: If worse comes to worse you can always cancel. Nothing worse than wanting to eat somewhere and not being able to get in. I wouldn't chance it.

disneygeek84
09-23-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure about breakfast but when we were there a few weeks ago all of our ADR's got messed up and we had to be walk-ups for every place we wanted to eat (we were on the free dining, otherwise we would've just done CS). We honestly didn't have a problem anywhere...even at places that seemed booked. Of course, we were eating mostly lunches and we eat early, so a 4:45 dinner, or an 11:15 lunch wasn't awful for us.

I would think that at 7:30 in the morning you wouldn't have trouble, but I don't know how busy either of those places are at breakfast. We had to switch from 1900 Park Fare to Whispering Canyon for breakfast on our last day because 1900 didn't have an opening when we called, but WC was empty. And that was at 8:30.