PDA

View Full Version : Fishin' Hole....

ravsluvdisney
09-19-2008, 03:13 PM
I know I've read bits and pieces about it and my older DS actually asked me this the other day regarding fishing in the World. Has anyone out there experienced this? Where do you go / how do you go / pricing etc. etc. Any help on this one would be great.

:fish:

IceRef
09-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Ravsluvdisney:

This is a very good experience, with many options your son might enjoy. The easiest way to get started might be on the Intercot Info Central web page. Under the Recreation title, there are quite a few fishing excursions listed and contact information. Any one you might select should be easy to access from either on or off site resort locations.

Good luck and good fishing, we had a great time on our trip.

Tick-Tock
09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I remember there being a fishing hole at POR. It seemed like it was only open limited hours when we were staying there. Maybe someone who's been there more recently will know if they're still doing that.

Intercot's Resort Info says:

Cane pole fishing near Ol' Man Island
$4.00 per half-hour per pole.
Family special (four to six poles) - $12.50 per half-hour.
Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance.

Figaro
09-20-2008, 12:56 AM
For fishing on the Bay Lake/7 Seas Resorts... Fishing is not allowed off the beach, docks, anything. To be permitted to fish in the lake you must book one of the guided Bass fishing experiences. They are about 200$ for a few hours, and you are GUARANTEED to catch fish. I'm not just saying that. I've seen it. You'll catch maybe 10-15 fish in the time you're out. The guides also are experienced fishermen and in some cases, professionals. We have a few who run in the ESPN circuit doing fishing as guides. I know you can however fish at Fort Wilderness in the lakes there. Not Bay Lake or 7 Seas, but in the waterways that pass thru the campgrounds. A tip.... those waterways, while only like 20ft across, are almost 30ft deep in many places. Make sure not to use a floater since you'll catch nothing near the surface. The best bet would be to call the resort your interested in and be directed to Recreation and ask them about fishing at their resorts. You can also call 407-WDW-BASS to book Bass excursions. If you're staying on a Bay Lake or 7 Seas resort, let me know if you have any more questions. I used to work those resorts, so I'm familiar with them...