PDA

View Full Version : No MNSSHP for us

Tinkerfreak
09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
After moving our trip ahead one day so we could be there on the 31st for the last Halloween party we still can't attend the party. We should have ordered the tickets right at the same time but waited too long and it sold out. Anyone ever get tickets to a sold out event?
The worse part is that we know this will be the last time we will be able to go to Disney at this time of year for the party. My oldest DD will be in high school next year and we won't be able to take her out of school again.
I am just so angry at myself. We only waited a couple of days but it was too late.
I keep saying to myself that it will be ok, that we will be at Disney and there are other things to do but I just can't shake this depression.
I know I'm being a big baby but I figured you guys would understand better than anyone.
So please join my pitty party and BYOPD (bring your own pixie dust):(

Disney Doll
09-19-2008, 02:46 PM
That stinks! Sorry you can't get the tickets, but like you said it will be Disney and it will still be a magical trip. Have fun!

Cinderelley
09-19-2008, 04:20 PM
So, can you move it up one more day and attend the one on the 30th???;)

tink179
09-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I know how you feel!! Last year we bought our tickets for our flight and paid for our package and shortly after, they announced the dates for the 2008 P&P party. The first night of it was the day we were leaving! :( We thought about changing our flights so we could attend this even, but it was going to cost too much to change it and add on another night. I was so mad and sad all at the same time! :( I will probably never get to experience the halloween party as my husband does not want to ever travel during hurricane season to Florida! :(

Tinkerfreak
09-19-2008, 06:41 PM
So, can you move it up one more day and attend the one on the 30th???;)

No our flights are booked and we are allready taking the kids out of school for 6 days so we don't want to add one more to that.

msc_idiot
09-20-2008, 09:36 PM
The best thing I can suggest is eBay or the like. We got scared because we had to change our trip from the 28th to the 10 of October, but the ticket people were fantastic and let us switch them out, but the new date wasn't sold out. I guess some things they just can't help. If you are going to be at the MK that day anyway, maybe you can just check by the ticket counter to see if there was any tickets returned. It's a long shot, but It's worth a try. Good luck and pixie dust!

Heather

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
09-21-2008, 07:38 PM
No our flights are booked and we are allready taking the kids out of school for 6 days so we don't want to add one more to that.

I'm not so sure I understand this comment. Were you going to be there already on the 30th? That date isn't sold out, so you could just go to MNSSHP on the 30th. It won't be Halloween night, but it'll still be fun! :)

Tinkerfreak
09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm not so sure I understand this comment. Were you going to be there already on the 30th? That date isn't sold out, so you could just go to MNSSHP on the 30th. It won't be Halloween night, but it'll still be fun! :)

No we are arriving on the 31st and wanted to go to the party that night. We have been trying e-bay but tickets are going for $850 for 4 adult tickets and I just can't pay that.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
09-21-2008, 09:42 PM
No we are arriving on the 31st and wanted to go to the party that night. We have been trying e-bay but tickets are going for $850 for 4 adult tickets and I just can't pay that.

Duh!! Silly me!! Well, I'll be crossing my fingers that some pixie dust will be coming your way soon!

AHOTE
09-22-2008, 01:00 AM
The worse part is that we know this will be the last time we will be able to go to Disney at this time of year for the party. My oldest DD will be in high school next year and we won't be able to take her out of school again.
So please join my pitty party and BYOPD (bring your own pixie dust):(
No pity party here. No sense beating yourself up over it. :bang: All you need to do is get creative for next year. Something we did one year was to take a long weekend for MNSSHP. We were able to book a flight leaving a few hours after school let out on a Friday. We stayed through till late Monday. Although the trip was shorter than we would have liked only one day of school was missed and we had a great time. Three days at WDW sure beats three days almost anywhere else. It's something to look forward to for next year. :pixie: Have a great trip.

Tinkerfreak
09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
No pity party here. No sense beating yourself up over it. :bang: All you need to do is get creative for next year. Something we did one year was to take a long weekend for MNSSHP. We were able to book a flight leaving a few hours after school let out on a Friday. We stayed through till late Monday. Although the trip was shorter than we would have liked only one day of school was missed and we had a great time. Three days at WDW sure beats three days almost anywhere else. It's something to look forward to for next year. :pixie: Have a great trip.

Flight here are just too expensive to pay that amount for only a couple of days in the park. Most of the arrival day and departure days are spent flying because we live over 1200 miles away. If I lived closer and it was a quick flight that wasn't so expensive I would definately have an annual pass and go for many long weekends.

Kairi_7378
09-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I know this won't be the same, but can you eat at a MK resort that night so you can at least watch the Hallowishes fireworks? We watched them from the top of the CA Grill last year and it was awesome!