PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Dining Plan 2009

disneywith3boys
09-19-2008, 02:19 PM
We just booked our trip for May 2009 and decided on the QS dining plan. With boys
2,4&6, a sit down restaurant is just not an option.
Can I get some advice on good QS places to go and how to manage breakfast. Is there any good breakfast items that would qualify as a "snack". We are staying at the Poly, so looking for breakfast ideas at the hotel before we head out. Also, when will the 2009 information on the dining plans be released...ie participating restaurants, etc. Looking for a brochure, but can't find one.

SBETigg
09-19-2008, 03:16 PM
There is a brochure on the WDW website that you can access when you look up ticket information and price a vacation with dining plan. You don't have to commit to it, just price it out and the dining plan brochure pops up.

Captain Cook's at the Poly is a great place for a quick service breakfast. Your options are many. You can get almost any kind of breakfast platter and they have Tonga Toast, which is pretty incredible. They also have plenty of breakfast items that qualify as snacks. Pastries, fruit, pop tarts, cereal, those sorts of things.

My favorite QS restaurants:
Main Street Bakery, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill Cafe, and Casey's at the MK.

Yakitori House, Cantina de San Angel, Boulangerie Patisserie, Yorkshire County Fish at Epcot.

Not fond of much at the DHS.

Flametree Barbecue at the Animal Kingdom.

Also in resorts, Captain Cook's at the Poly and Gasparilla Grill at the GF.

CleveRocks
09-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Depending on what you and your kids eat, I'd recommend a grocery delivery for breakfast items. That's what we do.

Our in-room breakfast stuff over the course of a week at WDW includes the following: cereal, milk, fresh fruit, OJ, cheese sticks, yogurt, packets of instant oatmeal, bagels, cream cheese, margarine, bread, peanut butter, deli-sliced American cheese, deli-sliced turkey, maybe some packaged/pre-cooked bacon, etc.

There may be other things that I just can't remember right now. For the instant oatmeal, you can heat water using the room's coffee maker!

In our suitcase, we pack a package of paper/styrofoam bowls, paper plates, napkins, some plastic utensils, etc.

My wife and kids are sleepyheads ... they just don't like getting moving in the morning. So a lazy breakfast in the room helps start the morning off right, and gets us to the parks sooner than stopping for breakfast after getting dressed. This way, just like at home, our kids can ease into the day by eating breakfast in their jammies and watching TV.

I know this wouldn't work for a lot of families ... I'm just sharing what works for us.:mickey:

sassy2000
09-19-2008, 04:28 PM
We usually bring cereal and bowls to the resort for breakfast so we can make a fast dash to the parks. This works great for my 4 yr old and 2 yr old. If that doesn't work for you, a snack can be used for cereal, bagels, muffins, etc at resort quick svc restaurant. Our fave QS spots are:
Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Rays (has good food choices and Ray is an alien playing the piano which is good for entertaining the kids) and Pecos Bills
HS- Pizza Planet should be big hit with your boys if they like Toy Story
Epcot- Sunshine Seasons in The Land
Animal Kingdom- Not our fave but we did like Yak & Yeti Counter Svc Spot

Sassy2000

Dec 08 CSR & POR
Apr 08 ASMovies
Oct 08 ASMusic
Off property prior trips

disneywith3boys
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Can someone give me more information on getting grocery delivery. Who does it/cost? etc.