PDA

View Full Version : when do the Christmas decorations go up?

LoriSan
09-19-2008, 11:15 AM
trying to squeeze in another trip on the Visa free dining offer. We can only go in the beginning of Nov. Does anyone know when the parks get decorated for Christmas?

ibrowse17
09-19-2008, 11:26 AM
We were there over Veteran's Day a few years ago, and the decorations were already up in places in the parks. I do not remember any resort decorations being up that trip, and in fact I am pretty sure they were not. Hope that helps:thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
09-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Well, if I had to guess, the MVMCP starts as of 11/10...I would assume the christmas decor would be starting to come up shortly before that date....I have heard the deck out for the MVMCP....

Strmchsr
09-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Mk decorations go up beginning Nov 1 so that, as noted above, they will be ready by the first MVMCP. The other parks are a little slower and the resorts take a good bit longer. Everything is completed by Thanksgiving. This year the Osborne Lights don't start until after Thanksgiving, which is also true of all of the Epcot stuff.

jillluvsdisney
09-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Laste year, I was there the first week of November. The tree at Epocot was up and some of the world showcase pavillions had some Christmas decor out as well.

villavic
09-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I went on Thanksgiving week in 1990 and is was already Christmas decorated. The Bear Jamboree show was Christmas style, too. Beautiful.

laward32
09-22-2008, 09:12 AM
We were there Oct 26-Nov 2 last year. They were already putting up Christmas decorations Oct 30 & 31 at Epcot & MGM (It was still MGM then). We only went to AK on the 28th and they didn't have anything yet. MK had the last MNSSHP on Nov 2 so they didn't have any up yet either. You could see places they were getting ready though. It looked like places they would put christmas trees. I imagine they probably had some up on the 3rd.:mickey:
Off topic--Yeah! My 700th post!!!

Imagineer1981
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Nov 1 usually...they can't interfere with MNSSHP on Oct 31

teambricker04
09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
We were there last year the first full week of November and a lot, but not all of the decorations were up. We did get to see the giant gingerbread house being put up at GF... and even got to sample some of the gingerbread! It was neat because they had a display out about how it gets up, how long it takes, what they use, who works on it. It was amazing to see.