PDA

View Full Version : Storm Struck

TinyDancer
09-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Has anyone done this at Innoventions? I'm not a fan of storms at all, and I'm thinking I don't want to do this. But some reviews would be wonderful, as detailed as possible. You could PM me if you don't want to spoil it for anyone else!

TIA!

236 days to go!!!

Alpha Jeanie
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
If this is anything like riding out a real storm, I think that I will pass. We just survived Hurricane Ike. My family and I spent the night in a closet with 70-90 mile/hour winds zipping past our house. Just the sound from the wind sounded like a jet airplane engine nestled to your ear. We did not get much rain with that hurricane...although we did have a HEAVY storm the next day, so we did not have much lightening and thunder during the hurricane. Thank God that we are in NW Houston, so we only had trees and fences down at our house and no electricity for 5 days. There are still almost 1.7 million people without power in the Houston/Galveston area and many, many people who lost EVERYTHING they had. Please pray for all those effected.

garthbarth1
09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I am not familiar with this attraction at all. Is it at Epoct? We are leaving next week and it sounds like something DH and I would enjoy. I too, would appreciate any info!
We are all thinking about those affected by the Hurricanes...best of luck to you!!:mickey:

EmISeeKayEeWhy
09-19-2008, 02:09 PM
It's a 3d theater (30 seats) and wind and water 4d effects (like muppets/philharmagic) but 99% of the presentation is on the video screens.. CM's lecture you about home safety regarding storms, and there is a voting system to vote on your favored improvements to the storm damaged home (happens in video) after which, they re-run the storm strike, and test your improvements..

Disney Doll
09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
It's a fairly new attraction in Innoventions in EPCOT. I haven't been able to try it out yet, but I have heard others caution against bringing on little kids. From what I understand it's a 4-D show with simulated wind and rain. You wear the 3-D glasses and sit in a small theater. It can be dark at times and there are loud, startling noises so it might be too intense for kids. I also understand that the theater does feel pretty small so if you don't like feeling enclosed you might skip it.

angel8783
09-19-2008, 04:29 PM
We also just went through Hurricane Ike. I live on the North side of Houston and we are still without power today, although they say we will have it by tonight. (7 days so far)

I am on the opposite end of the other person in NW Houston because I want to see the attraction given what I myself have experienced. The wind was the scariest thing ever, and when we went out into our neighborhood the next day (Hurricane came through at night) there were large, 50 year old trees completly uprooted and some of them on people's houses!

I heard a binural recording of this attraction on Ricky Brigante's Inside the Magic Podcast. If you are wanting to really know what it is all about, just listen to that episode to help you make a decision before you go. It is located in Innoventions at Epcot.

Simba's Mom
09-19-2008, 05:57 PM
I wish you luck with the electricity. When I first heard of this, we'd just survived Dolly and were on day 4 of no power.I'm not sure if I'll see the attraction or if I'll pass.

We also just went through Hurricane Ike. I live on the North side of Houston and we are still without power today, although they say we will have it by tonight. (7 days so far)

I am on the opposite end of the other person in NW Houston because I want to see the attraction given what I myself have experienced. The wind was the scariest thing ever, and when we went out into our neighborhood the next day (Hurricane came through at night) there were large, 50 year old trees completly uprooted and some of them on people's houses!

I heard a binural recording of this attraction on Ricky Brigante's Inside the Magic Podcast. If you are wanting to really know what it is all about, just listen to that episode to help you make a decision before you go. It is located in Innoventions at Epcot.

Pop Centurion
09-19-2008, 06:53 PM
We did this. The CM told us it had only been running for 18 days prior and was real cool. :confused: I wasn't too impressed with it. I thought the wind and rain effects would have been more intense. The water spray is nothing like Philharmagic or ITTBAB. The wind effect is no stronger than the fans they have in the parks to cool off guests while in lines for rides or characters. I can't see why some would caution others not to bring in little kids. It's very tame and more educational than anything.
I'd say it's worth checking out once if you have the time.