PDA

View Full Version : Best Salmon?

PoohRules
09-18-2008, 05:45 PM
I noticed almost all TS restaurants have salmon as an entree. I really like salmon, but don't want to eat it all week trying the different preparations. So, which restaurant serves the best?

Thanks.

Maleficent's Dad
09-18-2008, 07:08 PM
You'll probably get a bunch of positive reviews on Artist Point at the WL. They have a cedar plank salmon there.

I've had it a few times. Most recent visit I was very disappointed...

FF & Narcoosees have had good salmon dishes in the past for me. One of my faves was Le Cellier's maple salmon, although I'm not sure it's still there... :scratch:

SBETigg
09-18-2008, 07:28 PM
The best I've had at Disney was at Raglan Road. It was superb. I haven't been to Artist Point, though. The Brown Derby's salmon wasn't bad, but it wasn't close to Raglan Road's, either.

Pocahontas
09-19-2008, 12:40 PM
I've been to Artist Point three times and each time had the salmon. I do believe it is the best salmon I've ever tasted (maybe due to liking the flavor given off by the cedar plank). I'll be back there in Feb. and I'm already looking forward to it.

I haven't tried the salmon at LeCellier, but I think I'll try it on my next visit. Both of these restaurants are on my husbands and my not to be missed ADR's!

Hope you are able to find some great salmon!

thrillme
09-19-2008, 12:57 PM
I've had it at Crystal Palace and sometimes it's OK other times it gets really dry.

pox24
09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Best.. Artist Point

2nd best... 1900 Park Fare ( it comes with dill sauce):thumbsup:

LauraF
09-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I love the Le Celiier salmon too, but I've not seen it on the menu recently. :( It's was replaced with another salmon dish when I was last there.

AmandaChan
09-19-2008, 05:04 PM
From reviews and hearsay I've gathered that Le Celier has the best salmon, maple glazed. My husband had a maple salmon at Raglan Road and he thought it was fantastic.

Pop Centurion
09-19-2008, 07:40 PM
I've had the Salmon from Boma, Big River Grille, and CP.
I always enjoy it from Boma. This trip it was encrusted with nuts (can't remember what kind) which I thought would be a disappointment but I was pleased with the taste.
Big River Grille had good Salmon which was perfectly cooked but nothing to brag about as far as flavor.
I always liked the Salmon from CP and will go back for 2nds and 3rds whenever I'm there. I really like the flavor that the Ancho Chili pepper gives it and the sauce they drizzle over it adds a nice touch.

Surprisingly, I really enjoy the Salmon from Sunshine Seasons. It's topped with a Calamata Olive Pesto which is quite tasty and perfectly accompanies the Salmon IMO. It's a small portion but what do you expect from a counter service.