PDA

View Full Version : Water Pagent on Seven Seas?

Imagineer1981
09-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Has anyone see the Water Pagent on the Seven Seas...I remember seeing it along time ago when I was a kid staying at Poly. Do they still do this? If not should they? If they do, does it need to be upgraded or marketed more? If I recall it was like a perk for staying at a MK resort

Polynesian Dweller
09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Yep, every night if the winds permit. This one's pretty cute the way it is and is such a tradition now that it really shouldn't be updated, changed or dropped IMHO.

SBETigg
09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
It's perfect as it is, no need for changes, and it's probably exactly as you remember it. You can find all the details on the Electrical Water Pageant here. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/electricalwaterpagent.asp)

Lynn J Mc
09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
We love it. My niece loves it as much now as I did when I was a kid.

Spindrift
09-18-2008, 04:27 PM
This is something that while not terribly exciting, it is very cute and a nice little touch. It should not be changed in anyway. It's been running for 30 years or so and it's doing just fine. Please don't mess with it.

Imagineer1981
09-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Thats it alright...I hope they don't change it, but with all the cuts being made, I am surprised this still survives

Figaro
09-20-2008, 12:45 AM
The pageant has remained unchanged since the Walt Disney World Resort opened in 1971. It still goes around the lake every night. I think it's almost like a secret. Those who don't know the parks like many of us do, have no idea it's even there. I didn't even know it was there until I began doing nighttime fireworks cruises on the lake. I've seen it soo many times I can almost narrate the entire show! :secret: :thumbsup:

Harriet
09-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh yes it is still there and No they should not change it unless they want to add to it but by all means it needs to stay. I make it a point to see it at least once during my visit for sure. Just like I wish they bring back the Main Street Electrical Parade. It is much more Disney then Spectromagic IMHO. :marg: Cheers

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 09:40 PM
We saw it just last March from the Wilderness Lodge. It came round about 9 pm and was wonderful.

mudpuppysmom
09-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Let's not give the Disney people any ideas on changing or eliminating yet another great "attraction".......it is great the way it is and they should keep it forever!!!

For us it is an outing one night during our vaca. DS loves visiting the Poly (he calls it the waterfall hotel), we get something from Capt. Cooks and go out to the beach where he plays with all the other kids around until it's time to watch the EWP and also fireworks from MK, so it's a double dip for us.

TheDuckRocks
09-25-2008, 10:04 AM
We will be having dinner at Artist Point starting at 8:30 one evening, will we able to see the EWP from the restaurant? We've only been in the WL once and I can't for the life of me remember where in the lodge the restaurant is located. Thanks for an answer.

Simba's Mom
09-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't know about Artist Point, but I got to see it while eating at Narcoose's last year. Lots of people came and stood on the nearby boat dock.

TheDuckRocks
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh good, we're having dinner there also.

DVC_dad
09-26-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't see it from Artists Point. You can see it from the upper level rooms. But we were at the pool and we had to go over to the nearby walkway to see it.