PDA

View Full Version : Lunch at Le Cellier

the other micki
09-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I was thinking of booking a lunch at LeCellier for our upcoming trip. Has anyone ever done lunch here and if so, how did you like it? Is it much different than dinner? Did it seem like too heavy a meal for lunchtime?

Thank you!

faline
09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
We've had lunch here before and it was a very pleasurable meal! I'd suggest making it a late lunch (perhaps around 1:30 or 2) and then planning a light dinner or no dinner.

hel5165
09-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Had lunch there the other day. I was thrilled just to get a booking. Looked forward to the mussels but the recipe has changed. The dish was good but not as good as the smoked applewood bacon, diced potato version.
I also had the salmon BLT. For some reason the chefs today do not want to cook the fish thoroughly. So if you choose this item request your desired doneness.
The menu has been scaled back. I noticed the diners at our adjacent tables didn't finish their meals.
I cancelled my reservation for Nov.

Strmchsr
09-18-2008, 03:12 PM
I've enjoyed lunch there several times. Check the menus in Info Central and you'll see the selections available.

dolphinmickey9170
09-18-2008, 03:43 PM
The mushroom filet is now available for lunch. What a wonderful meal. It's a smaller portion than the dinner, so it isn't too much!

WE LOVE LeCELLIER!!!!:cloud9:

Ropachs
09-18-2008, 04:01 PM
"The mushroom filet is now available for lunch. What a wonderful meal. It's a smaller portion than the dinner, so it isn't too much!"

So glad to hear this...we go for lunch in just over a month:cloud9:

aurorafan
09-21-2008, 09:55 PM
"The mushroom filet is now available for lunch. What a wonderful meal. It's a smaller portion than the dinner, so it isn't too much!"

So glad to hear this...we go for lunch in just over a month:cloud9:

:ditto: :cloud9:

CaptSmee
09-22-2008, 01:37 AM
I love lunch here! More than dinner! The prime rib sandwhich was to die for!!! :tasty: There are sandwich options for lunch that they do not offer at dinner. I'm not a big steak eater, so found lunch much more to my liking!

TBY2225
09-22-2008, 02:17 PM
I will be having lunch at Le Cellier in one week! :cloud9: I am glad they have the filet at lunch too!

xipetotec
09-22-2008, 04:13 PM
I was thinking of booking a lunch at LeCellier for our upcoming trip. Has anyone ever done lunch here and if so, how did you like it? Is it much different than dinner? Did it seem like too heavy a meal for lunchtime?

Thank you!

I wouldn't say it's very different. We did a late lunch because we couldn't get a dinner ADR there and we were not dissapointed. As for heavy... maybe a little :) ... I could have used a nap afterwards. But that could also be my lunch choices.

Simba's Mom
09-22-2008, 06:39 PM
I had lunch at LeCellier in December and really enjoyed it. I've never had dinner there, so I can't compare. For me, it wasn't a heavy meal at all. As I told my server, I had a reservation for Chef Mickey's dinner that evening, so all I wanted was a bowl of the cheddar cheese soup. She said that there was an entree portion of the soup available (not on the menu), so I had that and pretzel bread. Great meal!

Vinny
09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
We had a lunch ADR at Le Cellier on our last trip and enjoyed it very much. I agree with the idea of having lunch a little later in the afternoon if you are eating here. The only real difference from lunch to dinner is the menu. We have enjoyed the same great atmosphere and service during each meal at Le Cellier. Enjoy!

elmjimmlm
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
We have a lunch reservation in Dec. for the CP and this is one that we are looking forward to the most...:thumbsup:

why4k
09-23-2008, 01:20 PM
We ate lunch here on 9/03/08. I, too, enjoyed the filet. It's the perfect size for lunch. My wife didn't care for her salad, but she did enjoy the prime rib sandwich. Our ADR was for 11:55. We arrived at 11:30 and were seated immediately. By noon the place was full and there was a long line outside.

Going2HeavenRU
09-23-2008, 08:17 PM
We ate there last Monday at 2:45pm. The portions were not too big but I was glad we had the early meal so that we could walk off the food. My biggest problem was eating too much of the incredible pretzel bread. We just snacked that night and saved a CS meal.

PlutoPlanet
09-24-2008, 12:28 PM
We love Le Cellier for dinner. The waiter told us that the New York strip is 14 oz. for dinner and 12 oz. for lunch.