PDA

View Full Version : question about AP's for members

Sunshine1010
09-18-2008, 02:10 PM
When I order my AP via phone w/MS, do I receive the AP's....
- mail
- resort check in
- US Priority
- UPS
- at the ticket counter at one of the parks?

DizneyRox
09-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I received mine via mail (I think it was USPS). You MAY be able to have them at Guest Relations, but I've always just wanted them in my hands.

Sunshine1010
09-18-2008, 04:22 PM
This is the wierd thing....the MS rep told me I can only get them at the Guest Services inside the park.

How am I supposed to get INSIDE the park with my AP's.....?

he he....I couldn't make her understand it. She told me to NOT go to the ticket booth.

I'd like to have them in my hands!

Also...can I buy an AP at the resort check-in and/or concierge?

VWL Mom
09-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I too was wondering if the AP could be purchased at the resort guest services. Last year we were able to by our park hoppers at the front desk. Also, can the DDE be purchased at the resort?

Disdude
09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
When we first ordered our APs, we received a voucher. Unless things have changed, you cannot get an AP at any of the resorts. We got ours at guest services at Downtown Disney and there are windows for guest services outside each park where you can pick them up. Those are the only places as it appears you were told.

I didn't think that they could mail you the actual annual pass and I don't think I would want that. It becomes valid from the time you pick up at guest services. I would rather it expire one year from the date I first use it as opposed to the date it was mailed. Having the vouchers in your hand is like having them in my opinion.

Unless things have changed (or my memory is failing), you can only get DDE experience card at Epcot guest services. I know if you buy it in advance and you will not receive it in time, you can pick it up there. I don't know if you have to buy it in advance but I can't imagine you would.

Maleficent's Dad
09-18-2008, 06:59 PM
We just did this in August.

We called MS and had the options of mail or at the park ticket window. Since our trip was close to the time we ordered, we opted to pick up at the window.

The CM at MS gave me a confirmation number. We took our drivers' licenses and cofirmation number to the International Gateway ticket kiosk and had no problem at all.

I do recommend this method, but I understand that some want to have the vouchers in their hands. I prefer to avoid the mail - too many opportunities for things to get lost...

Maleficent's Dad
09-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Unless things have changed (or my memory is failing), you can only get DDE experience card at Epcot guest services.
Things have changed. You can get the DDE at any park Guest Services now.

DizneyRox
09-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Unless things have changed, Annual Passes ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT ANY TICKET WINDOW. You must go to Guest Relations (not guest services).

At all parks, there is a Guest Relations located INSIDE and OUTSIDE each park, even at International Gateway.

Last I checked, the resorts can do nothing for you in terms of an Annual Pass. They can't sell them (not even the vouchers) and definitely can't activate them. Don't confuse Guest Services with Guest Relations, they are two different functions.

Maleficent's Dad
09-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Unless things have changed, Annual Passes ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT ANY TICKET WINDOW. You must go to Guest Relations (not guest services).

At all parks, there is a Guest Relations located INSIDE and OUTSIDE each park, even at International Gateway.
Perhaps I don't understand the difference between a ticket window and a Guest Relations window.

However, a few weeks ago, I was at a TICKET WINDOW at the International Gateway and picked up my pre-paid AP's with a confirmation number and ID. One of our travelling companions purchased tickets at the same window right in front of us.

Like I said, perhaps I don't know the difference between the two when it comes to the actual name of the small facility, but we were both able to get our ticket needs fulfilled there.

Same holds true for the windows to the RIGHT of the MK entrance. Last year, we picked up our AP's at that window - people in line were waiting to by day tickets.

:confused:

Sunshine1010
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I didn't know there was a Guest Services and Guest Relations. I know there is a Member Services for DVC members.

What exactly is the difference between Guest Services and Guest Relations?...he he

DizneyRox
09-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Guest Services or whatever they call them now are the people who check you into your hotel. Guest Relations are the people who normally handle your complaints, problems with tickets, assisted listening devices, and pretty much everything else that might be "complex".

The Ticket Booths are the box offices that you normally pass right by as you enter the parks. They are often staffed at peak times during the day to handle to large amounts of people needing to buy day tickets. At slower times, they will close and Guest Relations will take over the chore.

I have not seen a normal ticket booth handle Annual Pass activation since they need to verify IDs and enter in some information as part of the ticket activation. This would really slow down the ticket purchasing process.

I think they have really complicated the whole process, especially at the resorts. Guest Services isn't a good name, it can easily get confused with Guest Relations. Again, this may have changed...

Regardless, Guest Relations when dealing with APs. Those areas are always staffed, the ticket booths may not be.

Raye3201
09-20-2008, 06:51 AM
I purchased our APs at the ticket booth at Magic Kingdom (off to the right just before entering the park). It went off without a hitch. We found this easier since friends of ours were purchasing hopper passes at the same time and it prevented waiting in another lineup.:mickey:

DebbieB
09-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I always buy or activate my AP at a regular ticket booth. Last year I used the booth at Epcot. I've also used the booth at AK. I have used the windows right outside the park at MK, not sure if that is a "ticket booth" or "guest relations".

Sunshine1010
09-21-2008, 01:25 AM
So you CAN buy an AP with a DVC discount at the outside booth of any of the parks.......?

Maleficent's Dad
09-21-2008, 06:36 AM
So you CAN buy an AP with a DVC discount at the outside booth of any of the parks.......?
In my experiences, yes you can.
We've been doing so for the past 4 years or more... The only places we've ever purchased our AP's with the DVC discount is at the ticket booth outside of either the MK, DHS, or EPCOT (at the Int'l Gateway).

The only difference this year was that we called MS and paid in advance (to avoid the price increase) and picked up at the same ticket booth.

We have ALWAYS been asked for both ID and DVC Membership Card.

DonLefNY
09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I always use the "Will Call" option and print the receipt. Then I get them at the parks.

Sunshine1010
09-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys!