PDA

View Full Version : Will P&PP be continued in 2009

Nurse Kim
09-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew if the Pirates and Princess Party will be continued in 2009?

JPL
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
There is still no official word from Disney. I think they are waiting to see how much bookings drop off with the current economic crisis. I do know that it didn't perform as well as they had hoped last year.

TheRustyScupper
09-18-2008, 04:47 PM
1) It was an under performer since it was introduced.
2) But, it is still a big money maker
3) Think when people would stay all day, then add party money
. . . day-people already paid the daily expenses for the park
. . . day-people already paid for the daily manpower
. . . party-people add additional ticket revenue
. . . party-people add additional souvenir money
4) In my personal opinion, I hope all parties would be cut back.
5) I think WDW is ripping us off by reducing the effective park hours.
6) Our "full day" tickets are now only good until 7:00pm.

joanna71985
09-18-2008, 05:28 PM
If there are going to be P&P in 2009 (and I think there will be), the dates most likely won't be released until after Halloween. I have my fingers crossed for more parties. The P&P parties are my favorite of the 3.

MickeysEars
09-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I hope for one. we have done the other 2 and love to plan an easy day either at DTD or at the resort and then goto the park in the evening. We love it and because this will be the first trip in a couple of trips that is not Halloween or Christmas, we are crossing our fingers. :fingers:

kakn7294
09-18-2008, 10:03 PM
If you go to Disney's official website, they do confirm that they are planning for P&PP in 2009 but they haven't released any official dates - the webpage says to come back for 2009 dates. If you look at the MK calendars, there are a number of days in March when the park closes at 7p - I'm guessing that those dates will be party days.

MickeysEars
09-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Woo hoo!! I can only hope

Nurse Kim
09-19-2008, 07:54 PM
This is what I was hoping the deal was on days the park closes at 7. I got my DH to agree to what our vacation is costing us. He almost had a heart attack but he did agree finally.:cloud9:
I did have to cut out Seaworld and Universal Studios but heck we are there 11 nights. :thumbsup: As long as he will get to parasail he will be happy. Now just keeping my fingers crossed we get to attend a P&PP. I keep telling him he will thank me when we get there:party:

DisneyBabies
09-20-2008, 10:06 AM
And I am pretty sure my DS is going to be VERY disappointed when we go. There are 4 nights in March that MK closes at 7. Not one of them is during the first week of March, but there are 2 in the second week. I can understand if they need to cut back on the parties, but shouldn't there be one each week, so more people have a chance to go. Of course, there is one scheduled the day before we arrive but that doesn't exactly help us either. And we had picked that time for our vacation, because there had been a party during that time the previous year. But I guess all we can do is wait and hop the schedule might change a little. Anyone know what the odds are that they will change the schedule?

CaptSmee
09-21-2008, 04:49 PM
If you go to Disney's official website, they do confirm that they are planning for P&PP in 2009 but they haven't released any official dates - the webpage says to come back for 2009 dates. If you look at the MK calendars, there are a number of days in March when the park closes at 7p - I'm guessing that those dates will be party days.

yup, it's included with the new celebrations theme for next years promotion as well.