PDA

View Full Version : Blt

pox24
09-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I just saw the point chart for the BLT and I was very surprised. They list Studios. I thought there was not going to be any. Has anyone heard different?

DizneyRox
09-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure why there wouldn't be. BWV also lists a standard view studio, but I've never been able to get one.

One of the problems that I don't think they cover is that when deciding on points, make sure you plan on NOT getting your first choice of accomodations.

After seeing the point chart for the BLT, I'm not impressed. My guide told me the points would be incredible, and I tend to agree. I can't imagine spending that amount of points just to stay there. Interesting though, I'm sure they will sell quickly.

disneyboundagain
09-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Can someone please tell me where I can find a point chart for BLT? I am not a DVC member yet, so I do not have access to the members site.

Momof2boys
09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I was actually surprised and expected the point chart to be higher than it was.

It'll be interesting to see how the point chart for THV comes out with only 1 option accomodations -

DizneyRox
09-18-2008, 01:10 PM
For comparison's sake, a MK View Studio for XMAs is 241 points. BWV preferred same week to compare is 181. To me, that's fairly significant...

The point charts are out there all over the net, though I can't seem to find it anymore on the dvcmember.com website.

Aurora
09-18-2008, 01:24 PM
For comparison's sake, a MK View Studio for XMAs is 241 points. BWV preferred same week to compare is 181. To me, that's fairly significant...

The point charts are out there all over the net, though I can't seem to find it anymore on the dvcmember.com website.

Yes, most of us with kids (we have 3, so only 1-bedrooms for us) will be looking at the Dream or Magic seasons (June-August), and the "cheapest" weekly rate for a one bedroom MK view at that time of year is 333 points.

Even the cheapest standard view is 250. Ouch.

Oh well, we knew that "royal" location would be steep. ;)

thumperbug
09-18-2008, 10:10 PM
When the towers were first being built I thought the idea great and that I would like to stay there on a trip. Points aside....I looked at the artist renderings of the rooms and it just does not appeal to me on any level. I don't like modern. It is not something that gives me a homey feeling when I come back to my villa.

So, I now find myself feeling I am not likely to stay at BLT and hope that enough do to take some of the "heat" off some of the other DVC resorts.

DizneyRox
09-19-2008, 05:46 AM
The Contemporary for me is a bus/boat stop on my way over to Fort Wilderness (Hoop Dee Doo), nothing more. Never understood the appeal of the resort, however I think I'm in the minority. I wouldn't worry too much about it not being popular that's for sure, many folks have no problems paying the resort prices now, so forking over a little extra for a DVC property shouldn't be a problem. I just hope it doesn't turn into a SSR with many of those folks buying there but staying in the other DVC resorts.

Ian
09-19-2008, 06:26 AM
I was actually surprised and expected the point chart to be higher than it was.

It'll be interesting to see how the point chart for THV comes out with only 1 option accomodations -I agree. I thought the point costs would be steeper.

In regards to THV, it's not going to be a standalone resort, so it wouldn't have its own points chart.

They're just going to be a new room category at SSR, so they'll modify the points chart for Saratoga to include the new room category of the treehouses. Think Grand Villa in terms of point cost.

DVC Mike
09-19-2008, 06:35 AM
When the towers were first being built I thought the idea great and that I would like to stay there on a trip. Points aside....I looked at the artist renderings of the rooms and it just does not appeal to me on any level. I don't like modern. It is not something that gives me a homey feeling when I come back to my villa.

So, I now find myself feeling I am not likely to stay at BLT and hope that enough do to take some of the "heat" off some of the other DVC resorts.

That's the great thing about DVC - it offers variety and choice.

Some people love SSR, while I don't.

Some people will prefer AKV over BLT. I happen to love both.

WRWDisney
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Just to correct one thing from what Ian said, the Treehouse Villas are going to be a SSR booking category with a point value of a SSR two bedroom. While they will be three bedroom units, they will only sleep 9, thus the two bedroom point value.

The rooms will be a master (w/queen vs king size bed), sleeps 2; a second bedroom with only a queen, sleeps 2; a bunk-bed room, sleeps 2; and the sleeper sofa and sleeper chair in the family room, sleeps 3. That's a total of nine:thumbsup:

Momof2boys
09-19-2008, 02:22 PM

I guess it will depend when you go. We visit in Choice season and I calculated a 28 point difference between Lake View at BLT and Savannah view at AKV for our normal 10 night stay. Obviously the view will be where the increase in points will be. But whether you're in a standard view or MK view the ammenties are the same - new pool, rooftop lounge, and location.

Ian
09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Just to correct one thing from what Ian said, the Treehouse Villas are going to be a SSR booking category with a point value of a SSR two bedroom.Thanks for the clarification!

I was going on a comment our guide made that they would be comparable to a Grand Villa, but he must have just meant in terms of size and appointments, not in terms of points.

Glad to hear a stay may be feasible after all!