PDA

View Full Version : Strollers???

jaredkari
09-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Just wondering what the current daily price is to rent a stroller at WDW? This will be our first time renting a stroller. Also, is there a cost difference between the single and double strollers?

And any stroller "tips" would be greatly appreciated! (How not to run over people, where to park them, etc.):mickey:

JenniferS.
09-18-2008, 07:00 AM
I was just there last week. It cost $15 a day for the single and $31 a day for the double. I did notice that not too many people are renting them due to the high costs.

stephntampa
09-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Single = $15.00 daily

Double= $31.00 daily

They will offer a price reduction if you pay upfront for more than one days rental, sorry don't remember how much..

Stroller parking areas are easy to find, but beware that when you come back later to find your stroller it will likely have been moved by a CM keeping the area orderly. The strollers themselves are made of hard plastic, and they don't "recline", so if your kid wants to cat nap, they may have a hard time getting comfy!

LittleRoosMommy
09-18-2008, 08:04 AM
We usually bring our own strollers to WDW. Not only because of the high cost to rent them, but b/c we then have them for the ride home, DTD, etc. Also, the kids are familiar with their own stroller and more comfortable with them.

As mentioned above, don't be surprised if the strollers are moved around when you come off of a ride. CMs are notorious for rearranging and making them look nice. I always tie a brightly colored scarf or piece of fabric to ours. This way we only have to look for the bright color to find our strollers, it makes it much easier to find!!

A friend has rented strollers at DL before (same type as WDW). She said they were okay, as her kids were older. But that they were a little uncomfortable. She brought extra blankets and lined the stroller before the kids got in them. Also, they do not recline as mentioned before.

Hope this helps! Have a great trip!!

scootch713
09-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I take an old dishrag and cut it into strips... tie around the handle.. noone wants an old dishrag and it makes it easier to spot. There are designated parking areas and they almost always move them. For us, it is worth renting, the kids need the break from the sun(they are covered) but I dont' have to mess with them on the bus. They roll extremely easy(even with a 5 and 7 year old in them). For a younger child, you do need some cushions, as they are are hard plastic.. ok to sit in, but not for napping.

MickeysEars
09-18-2008, 10:11 PM
This can't be right. We were just there in 2007 and it was $10 and $18. Length of stay was $8 and $16. Did they really go up that much???? We will not be renting them ever again if that is truly the cost.
:mad::blowup::humph::nono::noway::fit::rant:

Now let me tell you how I really feel.
;)

Grams7
09-18-2008, 10:14 PM
We purchased the red & black umbrella stroller they sell at most of the resorts. Our grandson loved his "Mickey" stroller. It cost $40 and is very nicely made. It reclines if he falls asleep and folds up very compact for getting on the busses. It is now a year old and looks like brand new. In fact it is going back with him this weekend. :mickey:

ryca1dreams
09-18-2008, 11:28 PM
The one thing I noticed is that people with the huge mega strollers they brought had a hard time getting them on and off the busses. Plus, they take up a lot of room. We always brought the umbrella strollers as do my relatives.

The dishrag tip was a good one. A buddy of mine taped a glowstick on his so you could find it at night. I thought that was a good tip.

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Even with the increase in price, we will grudgingly rent a double stroller each day. Renting for length of stay does save a few bucks.

Our kids are 5 and 7, and it's not worth the back trouble I would get from carrying them when they get hot and tired!!

I also suggest bringing something to tie on the handle to help find your stroller in a sea of others.

disneygeek84
09-19-2008, 10:52 AM
We purchased the red & black umbrella stroller they sell at most of the resorts. Our grandson loved his "Mickey" stroller. It cost $40 and is very nicely made. It reclines if he falls asleep and folds up very compact for getting on the busses. It is now a year old and looks like brand new. In fact it is going back with him this weekend. :mickey:

Just so everyone knows...we were there last week and these have gone up as well to $48. Not as much as a jump as the rental strollers, but still went up. And I did see alot more of them everywhere so it seemed like people were buying these more than renting a single stroller.

KylesMom
09-19-2008, 01:16 PM
This can't be right. We were just there in 2007 and it was $10 and $18. Length of stay was $8 and $16. Did they really go up that much???? We will not be renting them ever again if that is truly the cost.
Yep, Disney not only raised their prices for strollers, but for scooters as well. There was a very lengthy post about this here:http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=130219&highlight=Stroller+Rental+Increase

We found that the parks had a lot less rented strollers in them in July/August due to this price increase.

To the original poster: When DS was younger, we always brought our own stroller and never regretted it. We hung our favorite sports team sign on the handle and never had a problem with someone taking it. It's nice, too to have your own stroller for your resort, DTD, Boardwalk, etcetera.

mjaclyn
09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Those prices are ridiculous. Getting a Disney stroller for the week costs more than our rental car!! I was telling DH that next time we go we'll have two kids and it might be easier just to rent a double stroller but as long as it's $31 a day that's not happening!

KAT1811
09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Hat eot have to jump on the wagon here but I would also recommend bringing your own stroller. The prices are insane and the hassel of having to wait in line to rent them in the morning is a pain, not to mention the fact that you cannot take them out of the parks. We always bring our own stroller and the children are much more comfortable in their own.

As for tips, don't rent one (LOL)!!! But seriously, if you do just try to get something to make your stroller stand out. They all look the same and after the ride (when the CMs have moved them around) they can be hard to find in the sea of identical strollers. Other than that you can leave them wherever you want at the end of the night. The last I checked I remember them giving you a Disney dollar if you returned them to the front of the park where you rented it. I'm nto sure if they still do this. Good luck!