PDA

View Full Version : keys to the kingdom tour

Figaro0826
09-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi guys,

Has anyone of you done the keys to the kingdom tour?
I believe it's 20.00 pp.

was wondering was it worth it?
and what kind of stuff is involved.

thanks.

will just be DH and myself.

Goofy_Guy
09-18-2008, 12:14 AM
My entire family took this tour in 2004. You get to hear a lot of history about WDW, Walt himself, interesting facts (some you will know some you won't), you also get to go backstage and under the magic kingdom through a couple of utilidors. Get to go backdoor access into the HM and Jungle Cruise. Eat lunch at Columbia Harbor House. However, it costs $60 but is well worth it in my opinion.:thumbsup:

Volunteer
09-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Agreed, it was well worth the $60. It doesn't ruin the magic, either! Even though I did see Minnie Mouse without a head :oops:

kelly.garrett
09-18-2008, 02:14 AM
My dad and I are going to WDW in February and really want to take this tour. How far in advance should we book it?

mouseketeer mom
09-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Agreed, it was well worth the $60. It doesn't ruin the magic, either! Even though I did see Minnie Mouse without a head :oops:

AAAAAH!!!! Scary.
I thought the tour was over $100.00 per person...

ShinynewJB
09-18-2008, 08:04 AM
My dad and I are going to WDW in February and really want to take this tour. How far in advance should we book it?

I think we had to book it about a week in advance when we were there (got back a few days ago).

It's a good tour! I learnt quite a few new things, and I've read quite a few books on Imagineering and the like. So it must be good! It's interesting to see the parade production warehouse and the utilidoors too. I won't spoil too much, but it's a good tour to do if you have an inquisitive interest in the Magic Kingdom.

TheWizofDiz
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
My DW and I went on this in 2005 and it was one of the best behind the scenes tours I have ever been on. I always enjoyed seeing how things worked, so this tour was the best! I recall having a great tour guide, and he was patient and answered all our questions. The highlight for me and most everyone in our group was going down into the Utilidors (short for Utility Corridors). There are many entrances to these underground tunnels, but we rode in an elevator right between Snow White and The Winnie the Pooh rides...no cameras are allowed, but we did see the Brinks armored car drive in and pick up the cash...they said that is the only vehicle allowed in the Utilidors except the golf carts...if you are a real MK nut...you will love this tour!:thumbsup:

ShinynewJB
09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I recall having a great tour guide, and he was patient and answered all our questions.

Do you remember his name? We had a tour-guide called Mark who was clearly incredibly passionate about Disney World, and just the Disney company in general.

Spindrift
09-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Do you remember his name? We had a tour-guide called Mark who was clearly incredibly passionate about Disney World, and just the Disney company in general.

We just took the tour last week and we had Mark. He was very good and as you said quite passionate about WDW. He was able to answer any questioned asked.

I did catch him in a slip up, but I didn't correct him. I didn't want to look like a Disney Geek even though I am one.

Tinkerbella16
09-18-2008, 09:01 PM
I cannot wait to do KTTK, we are doing it on Nov 11, at 8:30am. It will be me and my moms first tour and we're really looking forward to it. I didn't think $60.00 was bad for an almost 5 hour tour. I am sooo excitedddd!!!

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Magic Smiles
09-18-2008, 09:18 PM

We had Mark back in May 08 and he was fabulous! Full of information.
We booked our tour only a couple of weeks in advance as our whole trip was only booked then. We could not get the day that we wanted as the tour was full that day, so had to pick another day. I would definitely do it again.

Faver
09-18-2008, 09:20 PM
We're taking the tour this December, and can't wait!!! I'm sure the tour is worth more than the 60 bucks pp. Besides, that cost also includes lunch. :mickey:

wooohoooooo!!!!

dolphinmickey9170
09-18-2008, 09:53 PM
We took this tour in '06 and will be taking it again in May '09! It is awesome. Claudia was our guide and she was great. I learned so many things that you just wouldn't know by being in the park. I highly recommend it to all!!:thumbsup:

tigger24601
09-19-2008, 10:07 AM
dh just booked our tour wednesday. we will be taking it during our november trip. i'm very excited!!! the $60 does include lunch as the other posters stated but also there is a 15% discount for passholders, so it only cost us $102.00. an extra $18 bucks in my pocket is always nice. that's about the amount of gas it takes us to get to the world.

dm volunteered to watch out 2 year old dd for the day so we could sneak off and have some adult fun. less than 2 months to go!!!!

andreallybadeggs
09-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Believe Disney Visa will also get you a discount.
We LOVED this tour. Took it as soon as DD was old enough. Our guide, Matthew was so wonderful. We laughed, we cried, and now we always make a point of trying to find him whenever we're at the MK.