PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotechnic Association firewoks show?????

tpljmom
09-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Any truth to the rumor of a fireworks spectacular show at Seven Seas on September 20th???

goofyfordisney3
09-17-2008, 10:02 PM
I heard on another sites pod cast that this is happening, but what I am trying to figure out is exactly what it means by Seven Seas Lagoon. Can these been seen from the beach at the Grand Floridian? and Are these going to cancel the water parade. :confused: It sounds like it could be really cool, but more info is needed. :mickey:

threeh
09-18-2008, 08:50 AM
They had one of these, i think when i stayed at the poly a few years ago. They sent out flyers that said there would be a special fireworks show that night and they gave the time. It was pretty cool. We could see it all around the 7 seas, good to watch from the beach. Maybe ask at a resort?? Good luck:mickey:

Imagineer1981
09-18-2008, 01:17 PM
interesting

Lynn J Mc
09-18-2008, 01:22 PM
We'll be there this weekend. I've never heard of this before. We'll be at the Grand Floridian. Will we be able to see it if there is anything? Will it interfere with Wishes?

Chrisx2
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
It's to celebrate the end of the American Pyrotechnics Association Conference that is going on at WDW. My understanding is that is at 9:30pm on Saturday the 20th. I'm not sure if it will interfere with Wishes or the water parade. The Conference website was pretty vague but I'm hoping to get better info on Saturday. Really glad we decided to spend our first night at the Contemporary!

joelkfla
09-19-2008, 03:19 AM
Yes, it is Saturday at 9:30, and fireworks will be launched along the beach and grass near the Seven Seas Lagoon, as well as fireworks island.

It's supposed the be the biggest fireworks spectacular yet, so I expect it will be viewable anywhere around the lagoon, including GF and Poly.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-19-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm sad I'll be working and not able to see it since I am in the very back of the park at Toontown.

I think we caught them last year at the Emporium, we say them and were like "Wonder what those are from since it's from the lagoon area."

LoriSan
09-19-2008, 11:25 AM
I'll be getting there 12 hours too late

joelkfla
09-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Here is some more detailed info that was posted internally this afternoon:

As part of the American Pyrotechnic Association's 60th Anniversary Event, Walt Disney Entertainment will present our biggest fireworks spectacular yet on Saturday, September 20, 2008, at 9:30pm. "Welcome to our World" invites the audience to celebrate one world, one beat and one voice under one sky!
The show will utilize firing locations along the beach and grass near the Seven Seas Lagoon, as well as fireworks island. Guests may view the show from many great locations surrounding the Seven Seas Lagoon, specifically, the Walk Around the World pathway. Please note that Disney's Contemporary Resort is reserved for the
private APA convention.

joonyer
09-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I heard on another sites pod cast that this is happening, but what I am trying to figure out is exactly what it means by Seven Seas Lagoon. Can these been seen from the beach at the Grand Floridian?

Seven Seas Lagoon is the body of water that is surrounded by the MK, Polynesian, GF and Contemporary Resorts. The Monorail runs a ring around it.

Figaro
09-20-2008, 12:46 AM
So how'd it go? Anyone have any video or pictures from this? I wish I was there to see it...

I take the Ferry
09-20-2008, 08:09 AM
The big show is tonight.

Although I heard Thursday's show was awesome too. There's a youtube video of it. Haven't heard how last night's show went.

I'll be at the show tonight. Will report when I get back home.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

DreamFinder2
09-20-2008, 11:14 AM
I was in WDW for this a few years back. We happened to be eating at the Cali Grille and overheard people talking about it. At that time, the fireworks were launched somewhere between the Comtemporary and 7 seas lagoon...can't remember exactly where, but we had a perfect view from the 15th floor observation deck :mickey:.

Hope it goes well!

I take the Ferry
09-21-2008, 01:11 AM
K, just got back...

I stood on the pathway along the lake, near the resort monorail ramp. Can't remember what they call that path, especially since it is kinda late.

The show started at 9:45 instead of 9:30. It lasted 20 minutes. Wishes was scheduled at 10:00... obviously, Wishes was delayed as well.

The fireworks shot from 2 locations... the island in the middle of 7 Seas Lagoon is where the high-altitude shells were launched. Lower-altitude shells and fountain type fireworks were set off on the grass between the Contemporary and 7SL.

It was awesome. The shells were launched with the pneumatic launch system that Disney uses now. They were shot much higher than the Wishes shells are. Nearly every shell's concussion was equivalent to the very last "shimmer" shell during Wishes... you know, the one that seems to take up the entire sky. Yeah, nearly EVERY shell was at least that loud.

The fountain stuff was awesome, too. Several "whoa!" moments. The most memorable fireworks were:

Blue Mickey-shaped shells (like the stars or hearts in Wishes, except they formed a mickey head)
Red bulls-eye shaped shells
Red shells that turned to white spinners, then ended with white blooms
Fountains with the "scatter" fireworks (start slow, but then fly all over the place real fast)
very, VERY slow flying screamer/spinners

sorry for the weird descriptions, but I don't know another way to try to convey fireworks in writing.

there were a lot of people standing around me, I can only imagine how slammed the Poly beach was. I'm sure some videos will hit youtube. I have the show on video myself, maybe this is a good first youtube video for me.

Anyway, it was awesome. My friends were in the hub and said that they saw the high-altitude shells no problem. Wishes started around 10:25. I'm tired.

K, Slater.
I take the Ferry.

badkitty
09-21-2008, 01:46 AM
It was amazing! I have never seen anything like it in my life. The finale was spectacular! Well, the whole show was. And deafening too.

Other effects I enjoyed and had never seen before in addition to the ones listed by I take the Ferry were:

-"arrows" that shot out from a seemingly black center

-large bursts that seemed to pulse from bright color to almost nothingness and then to a soft, fuzzy white

I was in front of MK to the right of the boat launches. It was hard to see all of the low-altitude coming from the Contemporary way but it was still impressive. It was like "dueling" fireworks.

I am so sorry I left my video camera at home.

TheRustyScupper
09-21-2008, 01:16 PM
1) Definitely AWESOME.
2) It was short, about 20-minutes.
3) But, it was jam-packed with shells.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-21-2008, 02:08 PM
20 minutes is short? That's longer than just about all of the shows at Disney! Fantasmic is longer, but not as many as fireworks.

In the Princess Room, it sounded like the end of the world. Kids were freaking out. LOL.

JT Mac
09-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Someone wanted to see pics of the show. Here's a few I took standing out in front of the Contemporary Resort.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59678&l=ba134&id=539444953

As others have already said, it was a great show, though I wouldn't have wanted to be outside at the Polynesian during the barrage!

:fworks::fworks::fworks:

casey@bat
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
I just went to youtube and finally found it I think!

Type in:
American Pyrotechnics Association Fort Wilderness 2008

Is this it?

I take the Ferry
09-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I just went to youtube and finally found it I think!

Type in:
American Pyrotechnics Association Fort Wilderness 2008

Is this it? That is probably Friday night's show... it was at Fort Wilderness.

The Saturday night show was called "Welcome to Our World"... that might help.

Since it was a 20 minute show, it would have to be edited down to 10 minutes or less to fit on youtube. Give it a day or two, I'm sure it will show up soon.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

joelkfla
09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Someone wanted to see pics of the show. Here's a few I took standing out in front of the Contemporary Resort.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59678&l=ba134&id=539444953

As others have already said, it was a great show, though I wouldn't have wanted to be outside at the Polynesian during the barrage!
I see you got those spirals, which were definitely cool!

It was a good show from the Walk Around the World out beyond the MK Monorail station, but I had to keep looking back and forth to see the Contemporary display on my left, and the aerial display up above. I know I missed a few things while looking the other way. It was also tough to make out some of the shape of some of the sculptured shots from that angle.

I'm sure it was many times better viewed form the CR, with the low-level displays in the foreground and the aerials in the background, as it was designed to be seen.

pianobabe
09-26-2008, 07:46 PM
I saw them setting up "something" that morning while I was riding the bus to MK and had no idea what it was. That night there was an annoucement in MK which talked about a special fireworks display. We only caught the last little bit, but it was incredible. I only wish I had seen the whole thing. Now it makes since what it was and why it was being done.:D

Ian
09-26-2008, 08:02 PM
We saw it ... it was awesome. It wasn't just the 20th, though. There was one on the 19th, too, because we had MNSSHP tickets for that night and this show ran literally right up to a minute or two before Hallowishes started.

So we sat and faced FW and watched that show and then turned to face the Castle and saw Hallowishes. It was quite a spectacular 45 minutes, I can tell you that!

We also saw the one on the 20th from the GF. It was LOUD!! Felt like the entire resort was going to shake itself to pieces!

em-n-mia's-mommy
09-27-2008, 02:02 PM
We were staying at the poly this night during the show. We could see them and they were VERY loud. Scared my kids a lot. We saw them setting up for them earlier in the day while on a bus to the contemporary resort from the animal kingdom.

kathiep
09-30-2008, 06:39 PM
We were at the Poly too and had just returned to our room when the show started.

Literally, the walls of our room were shaking when the shells started going off.

I quickly ran outside to catch a look but DH had to stay behind because DD, 3, needs a lot of preparation for fireworks and she was really frightened. She said "the fireworks are trying to get inside to get me" :D

em-n-mia's-mommy - what building were you in? We were in Tuvalu. Maybe we were neighbors.