PDA

View Full Version : Doing a happy dance!!

LittleRoosMommy
09-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Just got back from AAA this afternoon picking up our travel documents!!! I'm so excited!!:cloud9: I can't believe that in 31 days we're going to be at WDW with our kids and both sets of grandparents!!!!!

We haven't even told our 2DDs that we are going to WDW or that their grandparents are going with us!! They are going to be so surprised when they see everyone at the airport!! LOL I'm still trying to figure out the perfect way to surprise them with the trip!! If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate them!!

31 days to go!!!!!:woohoo:

Donald
09-17-2008, 08:14 PM
I love shocking my kids with vacation surprises!!

The first time we did it near Christmas time: we were going to just pick the kids up from school and take them to the airport, but it ended up being a snow day. We went to plan B: I quickly wrapped up some Disney information and put it under the tree. My husband woke up the kids by saying "what is this present doing under the tree". I never seen those boys get out of bed faster than that morning!!

The second time we surprised them was a little more complicated. Our flight was for 7am at an airport an hour away from our home. We decided to stay at a hotel across from the airport the night before. My sister happens to live near the hotel=so we told the boys we were going to visit their cousin. The next morning, we got them up at 5am and told them to get moving because the plane was leaving in 2 hours. We didn't tell them where we were going-but they figured it out when we checked our luggage in to Orlando.

BTW: my kids don't trust me anymore! :secret:

RedSoxFan
09-17-2008, 08:16 PM
What a nice surprise. Have a great time. We'll be there the same time. Hoping for nice weather and less crowds. An idea to surprise the kids is maybe their favorite Disney stuffed animal or tee shirt from the Disney Store.

Donald
09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
:idea::pumpkin:Why not put something "Disney" into their trick-or-treat bags? I would like to have that treat!!

pdrlkr
09-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

LittleRoosMommy
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks everyone!! I was just out today and found some really cute disney coloring books, light up rings, etc. I think I'm going to put them in their backpacks for the trip and give it to them at the hotel the night before we leave. They'll have an added surprise of seeing their grandparents the next morning at the airport!!:mickey:

30 days and counting!!!:joy:

jonahbear2006
09-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Tell them you are having breakf. lunch, dinner, whatev at the airport with the grandparents then when you all arrive, say, ya know what Im not really that hungry, why don't we eat at (fill in the blank with a disney restaurant) instead, we have a day to burn, dont you guys? and then when the grandparents are like, sure.... then you have two very excited kids.

mouseketeer mom
09-19-2008, 07:24 PM
I am wishing you a terrific surprise for your kids! It's something I always thought sounded so terrific to do, pulling off such a special surprise! I've just never been able to do it! Have fun!