PDA

View Full Version : Most popular parades/shows

mshomeschoolmom
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I am trying to complete our upcoming trip itinerary and was wanting to get in some of the most popular parades and shows you would not miss. We already have Fantasmic show down so any other shows that you really love.

joonyer
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Wishes, the fireworks show in MK, is my favorite event in all of WDW. It just captures the essence of the Disney magic for me. No visit to WDW would be complete for me without it.

disneymom15
09-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Illuminations at Epcot
Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios
Indiana Jones at HS

badkitty
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
In addition to Fantasmic!, Illuminations, B&B and Wishes, I would add these as "not to be missed":

-Festival of the Lion King (AK) :D
(IMHO this is the best stage show in WDW)

-Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade (AK)
(Clever floats and families are picked to be on the floats - very cool. If you are going around the Christmas holiday, the parade is transformed into the Jingle Jungle Parade. Same floats dressed for the holidays. :thumbsup:)

-Spectromagic (MK)
(Super nighttime light parade)

Have fun planning! :mickey:

FenwayGirl
09-17-2008, 03:12 PM
A must see parade is the "jammin jungle parade" in AK..It's my favorite:clappy:

DisneyMomma23
09-17-2008, 03:58 PM
we love the new :nemo:Finding Nemo Musical:dory: at AK

Missy_Mouses_Dad
09-17-2008, 04:17 PM
We see Wishes at least twice when we go. The Beauty and the Beast show is excellent. Carousel of Progress is another favorite. We always look for "new things" during the "carousel ride"..:mickey:

joanna71985
09-17-2008, 08:16 PM
My favorites include:
*Dream Along with Mickey (MK)
*FotLK (AK)
*Finding Nemo (AK)
*Beauty and the Beast (DHS)

*SpectroMagic (MK)
*MJJP (AK)
*BPB (DHS)

MaxPower
09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Fantasmic is not to be missed.

Also, Spectro is fantastic.

I agree that Festival of the Lion King is the best show in all of WDW.

I also really like Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It has a few surprises which are very cool if you have never seen it before.

SpecJoe Magic
09-19-2008, 12:48 AM
My 8 favorite shows in order from favorite to least favorite:

Wishes
Festival of the Lion King
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
Finding Nemo- the Musical
Mickey's Philharmagic
The American Adventure
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Lights, Motors, Action: Extreme Stunt Show

I'm not a huge fan of parades in general, but I thoroughly enjoy Spectro Magic (my Intercot name makes that obvious):D.

kemps@wdw
09-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Fireworks:
Wishes @ MK (excllent viewing from train depot on top of entrance gate, but you have to scope out a place early, or watch from CR @ California Grill deck or 4th floor deck)
Illuminations @ Epcot (anywhere is good viewing. Patio dining @ Rose & Crown was fabulous. But notice which way wind is blowing so you're not in the line of smoke)
MNNSHP: If you're there for it, the fireworks w/ the villan music is way cool. And the villans parade is 2nd to none!
Shows:
Festival of the Lion King @ AK. (dh got to be a warthog in the show :funny:)
Hoop-Dee-Doo dinner show @ FW. (We have done this show on EVERY trip and plan on doing it on EVERY future trip. If you talk to the Poineer Hall Players, you just might get one of your family in the show. DH was Davey Crockett's angel)
Walt Disney-One Man's Dream. Wonderful if you like a little Walt history (found it fascinating)
Mickey's Philarmagic. Best 3-D film on property (IMHO)
American Adventure in Epcot. ( Excellent American history as only Disney can do! The song about the brothers in the Civil War always brings a tear to my eye.)
All of the shows are good, but these are the ones we prefer.:thumbsup:

EmmMOM2
09-23-2008, 10:02 AM
I just got back. First, two must see's!!!

Finding Nemo Musical - INCREDIBLE!! Best one

Festival of Lion King - a CLOSE runner up.

I found the beauty and beast at HS quite boring and so did my 4 year old.

Indiana Jones is always a great show as well..

I did fantasmic dinner package so we got reserved seating thru a special entrance, this was good!!
It was a neat show....I wasn't blown away though!