PDA

View Full Version : Park Posters

MaxPower
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
When I was little, my family went to Six Flags and my souvenier that I bought ( with my OWN money! a very big deal at age 7!) was a cartoon like poster of the entire theme park. That poster was on my wall for years. It was an aerial view of the park with little cartoon drawings of all the rides. I loved it. I am always surprised that Disney does not put out a similar type of poster for each park, and even one of the entire resort. I would buy them in a heart beat. Especially if you had a little drawing of Mickey riding in a Test Track car, or Goofy waving from the top of The Tower of Terror, etc.

disneymom15
09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Have you ever checked out the Art of Disney store in downtown disney. They have alot of posters there. Not sure if they have what you're looking for.

Diznee4Me
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
OMG it is so funny you bring this up. I also used to lay and the floor and look at those Six Flag maps for hours. There was so much detail - a kid dropped his ice cream, kids crying, couples holding hands - just phenomenal detail.

Several weeks ago I was out at Disneyland and was telling some friends about those maps while at the World Of Disney at Downtown Disney. Lo and behold I turn around and there is a Disnelyand version. Not as much detail as far as people- only the charaters are in the park - but the rides are pretty heavily detailed.

Never seen one of these at WDW but I would buy them also.

Imagineer1981
09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
hmmm, never seen one like that, however I do own all the attraction posters :D:mickey::thumbsup:

SoaringEpcot
09-19-2008, 03:09 PM
We just took the Park maps from our 2005 Trip and framed them and put them up in DS(4) room. He will spend an hour at a time just looking at the maps. He is only 4 and we can ask where is _________ ride, and he can point right to it. He should have an advantage over his class mates on maps when he starts school next fall.

ILoveLegos
09-19-2008, 03:45 PM
I remember those maps at Six Flags Great Adventure. The maps were awesome! My siblings and I would play a game we made up with out fingers on it figuring out what path to take to connect between different rides and then make comments about what the people were doing along the way - make it really funny. Think kids under ten. "Ooohhh, lovey dovey couple smoochy-woochy, then we'd act out how each one of us yelled or acted on the ride, or make comments about the senery, etc. - it was extremely funny to us at the time! (Our parents thought we had active imaginations, so they endured us). It was sort of like Sim Theme Park the way we played - but all done with our imaginations, because that computer game wasn't invented yet!

Jasper
09-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I may be wrong but I thought that you used to be able to get one for WDW in the past as well. Granted, it has been MANY MANY years since I remember seeing them so my memory may be faulty. What I remember is being able to buy them at the resorts and at one of the shops on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.

Now you have to realize that if I am remembering correctly this would have been back sometime around when E.P.C.O.T. Center, as it was called back then, first opened so there would have not been nearly the number of parks or resorts on the map. If they still make them I would try The World of Disney Store or the Art of Disney Store.

Of course, my memory may be all wet so please don't get upset with me if this turns out not to be true.

MIKESMOM
09-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I have one of MK. I bought it on my first visit in 1975. I framed it for my DD's room.