PDA

View Full Version : TREEHOUSE VILLAS are BAAAAACK!!!!

SFTrny
09-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Who remembers the Treehouse Villas?!?!?

I LOVE these. My FIRST trip ever to WDW was at the Treehouse Villas! Such memories!

HOORAY for TREEHOUSE VILLAS!!!!

:mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
09-17-2008, 11:34 AM
How cool are the treehouses they're building at the Saratoga resort:cool:? Wow, those are just awesome:notworth:! When you DVC members stay they I hope to read a report while you're right there sitting in the living room area or on that huge beautiful deck:read:. Hey another:thumbsup: for WDW!

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
The treehouses look amazing. I never had a desire to stay at SSR, but the Treehouses look so appealing!!

Roo Girl
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
How cool was it to stay there back in the day? Did you feel transported, like you were really a kid in a treehouse? I'm SO excited to stay there maybe in early 2010. I will definitely try to get in on a ressie there for sure. How cool will that be? :cloud9: We are so lucky to have our points at SSR and I plan to start planning a trip in 2010 in a treehouse.

WDWFRK
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm so excited to see how they update the treehouses! It's such a cool concept.:mickey:

Septbride2002
09-17-2008, 04:32 PM
It's a cool concept - I cant' wait to see what they look like all redone.
~Amanda

Crow
09-17-2008, 07:49 PM
The treehouses look amazing. I never had a desire to stay at SSR, but the Treehouses look so appealing!!

I agree.
no interest in SS but if I had money Id buy the Treehouse DVC

Insanity Clause
09-17-2008, 11:22 PM
I would love to stay at SS just because of the large suites...I have 5 kids. The idea of the treehouses is wonderful. I would love it if we could see some pics of them when they are done.

threeh
09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
They look soo cool. We are staying for a night at SSR when we arrive in January. I'll have to peek at construcion. I can't wait to get some idea of how many points to stay there. They look really really fun!!!:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh I do!! My parents took us kids to Disney and twice we stayed in the Tree house villas. Remember the trams that would pick you up and take you to MK or Epcot? Great memories!:mickey:

michelLe x3
09-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I would really like to see what they look like ! Where have you guys seen pictres? i havent even heard of this yet lol.

DVC Mike
09-19-2008, 06:36 AM
I like the THV too. However, since I rarely book a 2-BR and never book a GV, I don't see my staying at THV anytime soon.

Ian
09-19-2008, 06:53 AM
I agree.
no interest in SS but if I had money Id buy the Treehouse DVCUnfortunately, you can't buy a Treehouse DVC contract. They're being added on to SSR as a new room category.

As DVC Mike said, they'll be something comparable to a grand villa in terms of point costs.

Carol
09-19-2008, 06:56 AM
I would really like to see what they look like ! Where have you guys seen pictres? i havent even heard of this yet lol.Follow the link off the main page for photos. :)

threeh
09-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Unfortunately, you can't buy a Treehouse DVC contract. They're being added on to SSR as a new room category.

As DVC Mike said, they'll be something comparable to a grand villa in terms of point costs.

Does this mean they are going to start selling points for SSR again?? I may have to look into that because I thought it was sold out?? I know there are a lot of unknowns right now, just curious. Thanks!!!

sndral
09-20-2008, 12:41 PM
I saw a couple being built last week while riding the boat going from POFQ to DTD - they were going up fast, one day I saw pilings, the next the walls were up.

Wickster1970
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
OK, lets mark the Treehouses down as a future dream stay. :mickey:

dixielandings
09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
I remember passing by them on the boat from DixieLandings on the way to the DISNEY VILLAGE MARKETPLACE - my first ever WDW vacation. I thought they looked so cool up there in the woods. This is one hopeful SSR DVC owner!

waymickey
09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I had reservations to stay at the treehouses back in the day. But the airlines went crazy and our flight and airline went belly up two days before we were to leave. No trip. I am so excited to hear they are coming back. Maybe I will ge to stay there this time.

kminton
09-28-2008, 11:28 AM
We stayed in the Treehouse (Fairway) Villas - still have the Birnbaum's book that talks about them - on my first ever vacation to Disney. We had a party of 7 (my parents, Brother, his wife and daughter and DH and I). My parents got the upstairs bedroom, my brother got the bedroom that had 2 double beds, and we slept on the Murphy bed in the living room. My parents are early risers so we always got awakened by them fixing coffee. We had a view of one of the fairways and watched a couple of folks playing golf. We stayed 4 nights which cost us $169 a night (we ended up splitting it between the 3 "families").

As far as transportation, they picked you up within the different loops of villas and took you to the Marketplace and you had to make connections that way. We may have to take the boat from Downtown Disney to POFQ to see what they look like this upcoming trip.

What good memories though.