PDA

View Full Version : obviously my principal ...

beachezncream
09-16-2008, 08:03 PM
I talked to my principal a few days ago , and asked if it would be possible for our seniors to attend Grad night.. the ones who wanted to go.. and he was seriously being a jerk :( and told me that if I wanted to go to Disney World with my "mommy and daddy" I could.... he said it that exact same way too.. and emphasized the whole mommy and daddy thing.. which wasn't necessary and I just sulked and said okay... I didn't exactly know what to say to that ... except I realllly wanted to say... "I'm glad you feel that way because were going next week :thedolls::thumbsup:" - but i kept quiet.

:confused: is there anyway I could get ahold of the folks at Disney and ask them when im down there if theres anyway to get tickets for the group of us that want to go.. seeing as how our principal is most definately not a disney fan... and gets sore at the mere mention of the name?

thank you my fellow intercotees

Lindsay

Kerry823
09-16-2008, 08:10 PM
As the leader, head administrator of your school, your principal should be open to ideas that enrich the experiences of the students.

Unfortunately, I don't have any information regarding the Grad nite but hope that you are able to work out something that will allow the students an opportunity that may not otherwise be available to them.

garymacd
09-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Do you really need his permission? Isn't grad night after school hours? If you are not officially representing your school, I don't understand the problem.

If you do go, just be very careful, but have fun!

Sorry I didn't have an answer to your question. I do have a question of my own: are you graduating from high school or elementary school? If elementary school, well I could see the possible problems.

Harkleroad
09-16-2008, 08:39 PM
I am sorry to hear that your principal was rude. I am a teacher and considered taking students last year. Our school was also not interested in considering it a school sanctioned trip. I do suggest that you do some research because I believe that there are specific guidelines like the number of chaperones per student and minimum number of tickets to be purchased (if I am not mistaken). You can still go as a non school trip but our students decided that it was going to be alot of trouble doing it on their own. So good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Sunshine1010
09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately, you will encounter rude people like this the rest of your life. The 'trick' is HOW you deal with it. Don't let it get you down. It was one comment in your life. It's not worth worrying about.

If he is dead-set against this, I doubt someone (parent/other teacher) will change his mind.

I am a mother of a second grader, so I have absolutely no experience with H.S. matters. When I grew up, we didn't even have Grad night, Senior trips, or anything like that, ....so I can't even give you advice.

But, hopefully someone will come along and give you some guidance.

If H.S.'s have a PTO, then perhaps you can go to one of them for help. OR...your parents. Parents are great people to open up to!!!!!

beachezncream
09-18-2008, 06:34 PM
alright :thumbsup: thanks