PDA

View Full Version : HS with 6 year olds

lawgirl
09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
My hubby and I usually ride TOT and the rockin' roller coaster, and then leave.

We're taking 6 year olds this time, and I would love to hear what all HS has for kids. Best dining, best attractions...whatever you like about HS for kids.

Thanks!

3AMommy
09-16-2008, 02:56 PM
My kids loved HS! They are 9, 5, and 1.

Be sure to get a FP early to Toy Story Mania. That age will also love the Jedi Training Academy. Playhouse Disney Live will get even older siblings toes a'tappin'.

I would personally skip the Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast Stage shows in favor of great seats for Fantasmic!

My boys loved the Backlot Tour...there are props from the movies Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion to see.

If they are fans of the Power Rangers there are five rangers (each from a different series) back near the Backlot tours signing autographs and taking pics.

As a matter of fact, HS is a great place for character visits. Sorcerer Mickey is at the end of the Magic of Disney Animation tour. The Incredibles, Lightening McQueen, Mater, Mike and Sulley.

Oh, the Block Party Bash parade is awesome as well as the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

We just got back last weekend, and my boys loved all of the stuff I just mentioned. Although I would steer clear of the Sorcerer Mickey Hat and Main Street whenever the High School Musical show comes through. It seems like it runs every two minutes. I think we all have the lyrics and dance moves memorized by now. I still hear the "what time is it?" song in my head from time to time.

Hope you have a great time!!!!
3AMommy

tys_mommy
09-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Toy Story Mania, Honey I Shrunk the something playground, Star Wars ride and then time it right to do the battle just outside, Muppets 3-D, Mermaid show - if you are there at night the dance party with the characters over at playhouse Disney is not to be missed. My kids all enjoyed Fantasmic

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine - it's character dining with all Playhouse Disney characters.

Also, they have the Playhouse Disney show in the Animation Courtyard.

There is Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, Muppet-Vision, LMA, Power Rangers, the HISTK Playground.

disneygeek84
09-16-2008, 03:44 PM
The Studios has always been my favorite park. The Great Movie Ride is great, as well as some of the shows. Like a PP mentioned get there early so that you can ride Toy Story and then get a fastpass for it so that you can ride it later on in the day, too. There are tons of meet and greet areas so if they like to meet characters this is a great place to meet them.

LittleRoosMommy
09-16-2008, 03:45 PM
My family always has a great time at HS. We never seem to have enough time to do everything that we want!! LOL

My kids enjoy Playhouse Disney, Muppets, Little Mermaid, Great Movie ride, HSM Pep Rally, MuppetVision. Not to mention that you can see a ton of characters. We are definitely looking forward to Toy Story Mania when we go in October!

Also, don't miss the Beauty & the Beast show, especially if your kids are into the Princesses!

The past 2 times we've eaten at Play-N-Dine at Hollywood-N-Vine. The girls love the playhouse disney characters (JoJo & Goliath, Little Einsteins). Hope you have a great trip!!

momof3+twins
09-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Indy: #1 Disney attraction according to my boys
They also love star wars and the honey I shrunk play area.
My kids also love Sci Fi.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2008, 10:02 AM
My son likes Toy Story Pizza Planet for lunch...he really likes the Indiana Jones Show and Lights, Motor Action, he likes Fantasmic now but it might be scary for small children...

ShinynewJB
09-17-2008, 01:13 PM
The Studios has always been my favorite park. The Great Movie Ride is great, as well as some of the shows.

Just a word of advice. If the kids in question are easily scared, I might skip the movie ride if I were you.

I remember being terrorfied on that ride as a kid. I used to be quite uneasy with the "human" animatronics, and this ride is full of them. The Alien scene is quite scary too apparently (wouldn't know, I had my head in my hands with my eyes closed when I rode).

Depends on the child though. Just a heads-up.

MaxPower
09-17-2008, 09:21 PM
The Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is dated, but 6 year olds still eat it up with a big spoon.

jonahbear2006
09-17-2008, 10:19 PM
My daughter is six. She loves TOT, Honey Shrunk playground, Great movie ride, Star Tours, Midway Mania, Beauty and the Beast show, The midafternoon parade, The backlot tour, Checking out the movie set streets, and just about everything else there. She cant do Rock n Roller but she would if she could.

judoma
09-17-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a 7 year old DS, on our last trip, last year, he was just 6. He loved TOT, (and is a total wimp to scary type things;), he won't ride EE or RRC ). I have to say, last year we deemed MGM our favorite park. There was stuff for all of us (me, DH, DD now 9, and DS now 7) to enjoy. The little guy really enjoyed Star Tours, Backlot Tour, TOT, Fantasmic, and GMR. The things we missed but are destined to do this year which I think he will love are Indiana Jones, the Stunt Show, Animation Station, and the new things: the Toy Story ride and the Cars character spots.

I think your boys will love DHS! Go for it! :mickey:

hardingella
09-18-2008, 07:23 AM
DD 9, DS7 say HS is their favorite park. DD 9 secretly loved Playhouse Disney show:secret:. They always enjoy Honey i shrunk the kids play area, though it does get a little warm in there.For eating we always go to The Prime Time Diner, it is so much fun, mom will boss you around, tell you to take your elbows off the table, make you eat your greens whilst doing aeroplanes with the fork, and if your really naughty she will make you stand in the corner, kid or grown up!
Dont miss the parade, i remember seeing characters in it that i didnt see in any of the others, eg Mikey and Sully.