PDA

View Full Version : Our Son's First Trip to the World of Princesses and Pirates Surprises

DisneyBabies
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I am still working hard on DS's birthday trip and we decided to do two things (in addition to all the other things :D) for him on Arrival Day!
**NOTE: I don't usually go this far when planning things, but this will most likely be his only trip to the world as a child, so we are trying to make it as magical as possible.**
I have ordered a few things from Disney Merch and they are supposed to be delivered today!!! I can't wait to see everything!
Well, the first thing we are doing is putting together a birthday gift from Mickey and friends. We are including a fat Mickey ears pen, a sorcerer Mickey pressed penny book, a sorcerer Mickey light spinner and a sorcerer Mickey hat. DS told me last year that when he is big and gets to go to Disney, Mickey was going to have a hat for him when we get to the hotel. He'll have a hat alright, but we are throwing in a few extras as well :blush:.
The second thing we are doing is putting together a gift 'basket' for him that we will put in the room. We are staying in a pirate room at CBR (which DS loved the pictures of, but doesn't know we actually got!), so we wanted to theme his gift 'basket' to reflect the room. I found a wooden chest at Michael's that looks like a pirate treasure chest!! I am using that as the 'basket' and we ordered some stuff from Disney Merch to go in it. We got a Pal Mickey with a pirate outfit, a pirate Mickey plastic cup, a pirate Mickey pin and lanyard set, a pirate lanyard pouch, and Mickey and Friends pirate figures playset. I also found a little pirate treasure pouch and I am going to put some chocolate coins in it!
I'm so excited I'm giddy :D!

Disney Doll
09-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Sounds fabulous! You are obviously a fun, creative mom. Enjoy your trip!

DisneyBabies
09-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I just opened the box of stuff from Disney Merch and all I can say is . . . this is so great!!. I think the gift basket is going to look great and I am so excited to put it together. I'll try to post a picture of it later :).

DisneyBabies
09-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Here are pictures of the treasure chest I made for DS and the birthday surprise from "Mickey and Friends".

Ok, I've never tried to post a link before, so I hope this works :blush:.

Click here (http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/DisneyBabies2000/Disney%20gifts%20for%20Little%20Rory/)

Please let me know if it doesn't work.

tinksmom02
09-25-2008, 12:17 PM
The link worked fine for me! What great gift ideas--I know your DS will love them!

SurferStitch
09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Oh my gosh....that stuff is sooooo cute! You arranged everything perfectly!!

You're like me....I love to do stuff like this. Presentation really is everything.

Have a wonderful trip! You little guy will have a blast.

Tink#64
09-26-2008, 12:18 AM
WOW! What a thoughtful mom you are! Your little guy is gonna go crazy! I'm sure you just can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees his treasure! I love watchin my DS's at WDW! Those experiences are just priceless!

I hope you have a magical trip! :tink:

mouseketeer mom
09-26-2008, 07:17 AM
I LOVE the pictures!! No wonder you're giddy! That is too much fun! I wish you the most magical trip with your son.:mickey:

Disney Doll
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Too cute!! Your son is gonna love it!